Chapter 70

Charlotte's POV

My eyes remained focused on the moving land beneath me. As the plane began to lower, I caught glimpse of the familiar, yet small, Omaha skyline. The sun was rosy and orange behind the buildings as it set low in the sky.

"We have been cleared for landing," the captain's voice was soft over the crackling speakers. "Welcome to Omaha."

The lower we flew the more freaked out I became. I was more nervous to be home than I was to leave and go to London. I just hoped that I didn't actually have a reason to be nervous. I plane jerks as it touched ground, leaving us all flying forward in our seats. Then the brakes kicked in sending us into our seatbacks.

It wasn't the smoothest landing ever, but I was home. I pulled my phone out and checked for any new messages. I had one from Louis thanking me for the birthday wishes and one for Liam wishing me a safe flight—such gentlemen.

When the plane stopped at the gate I was eager to get off. I pulled my stuff out from under the seat and made my way towards to door. The second I stepped into the jet way cold air blew across my face. I shivered, adding quickness to my step so I could get into the heated building.

I emerged into the terminal and it was surprisingly empty. There was a gate full of people across the way but other than that there was hardly anyone there. I made a quick trip to the bathroom before leaving the checkpoint.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror, I added a touch of lip gloss to my dry lips and ruffled my hair. It was finally time to face my family.

I made my way up the slope and stopped at the waiting area.

I looked around through the mass of people immediately spotting Grant who was jumping up and down. His blonde hair bounced from side to side. Behind him was the rest of my family, bringing a smile plastered to my face.

I creeped around back so that I came up behind them, and I wrapped my hands around Talia's eyes.

"Anastasia don't...." she whined.

"Don't what?" I heard Anastasia snap. "I'm not... CHARRR!" She screamed when she saw me.

Talia grabbed my hand from over her eyes and turned around. When she saw it was me, she spun into my arms, throwing her nine year old body at me forcefully.

I hugged her tightly before adding Ana and Grant to the group for one big sibling hug.

"Get ready quickly," my dad set my suitcase on the floor of my room. It felt so good to be home. "We are leaving for Grandma's in about an hour, so shower fast. And Char, lots of people are going to be there to welcome you home. Not just family, if you know what I mean.

I nodded, "Got it."

My dad stepped to me, wrapping his arms around me. "It's good to have you home."

I breathed sharply, desperately wanting to believe what he was telling me, "Is it really?" My voice was uneven.

"What?" he pulled back in shock. "Why wouldn't it be?"

"Because of Liam."

His eyebrows pinched together as his tongue snaked over his bottom lip.

"Let's just talk about that later, hm?" He patted my shoulder. "Go take a shower, Char," he winked. "We have a party to get to."

He closed the bedroom door quietly behind him.