Chapter 38

Charlotte's POV

"WAKE UP!" someone's foot connected with my stomach causing me to groan.

"Come on Char! Why are you so tired?" Lauren sounded annoyed. I glanced at the time on the phone she was holding in front of my face. It was seven forty-five. We had to leave in half an hour and I still had to shower and get dressed.

I moaned, pulling my blanket over my head. "Ten more minutes!"
Someone yanked by blanket off of me as chilly morning air devoured my bare skin. I cried out for them to give me my blanket back. I jumped up and ran after Marisa who was dangling the sheet of fleece in her hands.

"Why so tired?" she tormented me. "Stay up late day dreaming...?"

"Shut up," I muttered. I wasn't a morning person even though I was excited for the weekend. I lunged for my blanket, but she darted away from me and into the main room of the basement. I chased her up the stairs into the Sorin's kitchen. The house smelled of bacon and pancakes. I turned around into the kitchen and saw Mrs. Sorin, Amalia and Lauren grinning at me.

"Look who's finally up," Mrs. Sorin greeted me. She was the only one who knew I had stayed up until six with Liam... not really stayed up. I had been in and out of sleep resting on the sofa with him.

I walked over and sat down at the kitchen table rubbing my eyes.

"Morning Char," Amalia smiled.

Mrs. Sorin placed a plate of food in front of me and then went back to the sink. I turned my head to thank her, but it was a mistake.

I heard giggling behind me. Instantly, my hand closed around my neck.

"Ummm.... Char?" Lauren giggled. "What's on your neck?"

"Nothing," I quickly denied.

"Then move your hand," Marisa demanded.

"Why?"

"Why are you keeping it there?" Amalia questioned.

"Oh girls leave her alone," Mrs. Sorin scolded.

"No!" Marisa exclaimed. "What is on your neck?"

I let my hand fall onto the table.

"How the neck did you get that? Has it been covered up or...." Amalia gasped have way through her sentence. "It wasn't a dream last night. When I dreamed that Niall came and kissed me on the forehead; IT WASN'T ACTUALLY A DREAM!"

"You mean they were here last night," Lauren clarified.

"A more accurate statement would be "They were here this morning," Mrs. Sorin came to my defense. "Charlotte was the only one up when they went down to say hello."

"How long were they here?"
"Liam was here till around five. Harry was annoyed though so he and the other boys left."

"That's why you're tired. You stayed up late with him didn't you."

I chuckled, "Kinda."

"In and out of sleep with the result of a visible love bite," Amalia's voice sang teasingly.

Lauren and Marisa laughed.

"Hmmm, see here's the thing Amals, I think you're jealous." She'd seen Niall in the past week more than I had seen Liam. Well, I hadn't seen Liam at all, but still, Niall and Amalia were used to being together 24/7.