Chapter 61

Charlotte's POV

"We're good," Liam smiled at me. He placed his phone back in his pocket. "Do you still want to go?"

I nodded eagerly. The last thing I wanted to do was go back to the dorms, because that meant leaving Liam. Two weeks without spending time together was more than enough for the both of us.

"Alright, right this way, my lady." I chuckled as he gestured towards the door. I shoved the door open with my shoulder, but before walking into the misty air, I turned to thank the grey haired lady. She winked at me with a wave.

Liam and I darted through the rain to his car. He opened my car door and I slid out of the dripping water.

"I'm not really dressed for a party," I winced at my reflection in the mirror.

"You look beautiful," he complimented. "As you do all the time, but I'm not dressed for a party either. Did you want to stop and change? It's on the way to Josh's house."

I glanced at the car clock, "Is there time?" It was 12:30 in the morning.

"You've never been to a 1D post tour party have you?" he tutted.

I laughed, "If it's not too big of a deal..."

He grinned. "It's not. We'll just swing by."

Despite the rain that was gradually coming down heavier, we made it to campus in three minutes. I hadn't realized we were that close. Hand in hand, we made our way to the dorm. I held my breath as we walked through the halls, praying that I wouldn't see Charlie.

Liam, who must have sensed my fear, drew patterns across my back. "Relax sweets, it's ok." At his words I took a deep breath. He wasn't mad, but I still didn't want to see him.

We made it to my room with no problems. Once we were inside, I pushed a strand of my wet hair back and started rummaging through my drawers to find something to wear. With a quick glance over my shoulder, I saw Liam staring intently at the collage of pictures on my wall. Being in a hurry though, I turned my attention back to my clothes.

"Don't turn around," I instructed Liam. I slipped off my wet shirt and pants and replaced them with a black sequined skirt, white tank top, and a grey blazer. I slipped on a long black and silver beaded necklace and brushed through my hair once.

I slipped on knee high black boots, and I was ready to go.

"Okay, I'm ready," I whispered weakly.

Liam turned around and eyes filled with shock, and what I read as a hint of lust.

"Wow. Now I feel underdressed."

I walked over to him and placed my fingers at his waist, playing with the hem of his white v-neck. "I like you're outfit," I chuckled.

"Mmm," he hummed. "Best we get going then?"

I nodded.

Two weeks away. Apologies said. It was like nothing had happened, and that is a good thing.

___

"Ready?" Liam asked slipping his hand into mine. I nodded nervously. Josh was the only one who knew we were coming. "Let's go then."

He gave me a slight squeeze to calm my sudden nerves. I'm sure he had the same, so I squeezed back.

On the way over he had filled me in on everything that had happened in the last week. The biggest news was that Louis and Lauren had gotten together, but that had only happened about seven hours ago, so I assumed it would be an interesting night.