Chapter 33

Charlotte's POV

I woke up to the sun streaming into the room. Rolling over and stretching my arms, I yawned. Last night had been amazing. I glanced across the room to see Marisa still in bed. Covered by the sheets, I could still see the gleaming screen of her phone which she was huddled around.

"How's Zayn this morning," I grunted in a scratchy tired voice.

"Morning sunshine," she gleamed as she turned to face me, hitting the sleep button in the process causing her phone to turn black. "How'd you sleep?"

"Like a baby," I muttered.

The memories of last night washed over me –the interview –the fact that we could finally hang out in public without having to deny anything –going into watch a movie with Liam –getting up to leave.... The next thought made me smile.

He had dragged me to the sofa, where I had fallen asleep in his arms. Marisa and Zayn had found us around 4AM. Waking me, Marisa and I said our goodbyes. I still had to question her about what she had been doing with Zayn that whole time, and I was insured by the look on her face that she had some questions for me.

"I'm so tired," I muttered again pulling the covers up over my torso and snuggling into my pillow.

"Oh no you don't!" Marisa slangs her comforter across the bed and she took a head dive on top of me. "Wake up," she sang in my ear. "I wanna know what happened last night!"

"Later," I grinned. Sure I wanted to know where she and Zayn were. This was the first time she was texting him so early in the morning.... Assuming it was still morning. But I didn't really feel like awkwardly spilling the details of my night to her either.

"Come on Char! Get up! Actually you don't even have to get up! Just tell me what happened leading up to the moments where you too were asleep wrapped in each others' arms!"
"Come on Marisa. Let me sleep!"
"Fine.... Then I won't tell you my big news."

I grumbled, "What big news?"

"I'm pregnant." Her voice was flat.

"WHAT THE HELL?" I shot up finding her face inches from mine.

"Just kidding," she grinned. "So now that you're up..."
I grabbed my pillow from behind me and wacked Marisa in the face. "You suck!"

"Maybe I did maybe I didn't," she winked.

"No, no, no. That's not funny."

"Who's cracking jokes?"

"You didn't..."

"I did....." there was a pause long enough to make my stomach jump, "Not."

I smacked her with the pillow once again. "Not funny!"

"Funny, I thought it was. So how'd you get to the point where you were.... Well, spooning." She winked.

"Don't say that," I snapped. "You make it sound worse than it was."

"I don't know how potentially naughty it was because YOU WON'T TELL ME!"

I chuckled at her attempts to get such information out of me. Nothing big actually happened –nothing that everyone else would consider big. It meant a lot more to me than it did to anyone else I suppose but it was such an awesome night that I was sad it was over.