Chapter 78

Liam's POV

"Who the hell schedules rehearsals on New Year's Eve day?" Zayn groaned as he collapsed onto the stage. We were in the Century Link Center which was where we were scheduled to perform on the second.

"Mmm," Harry hummed. "It's suckish. We could be out partying."

Just then our American tour manager, Hannah, walked through the door. "I scheduled it," she tisked. "First off; we don't need you off getting wasted at ten in the morning, and second, you're all gonna be hung-over tomorrow so there is no point in practicing then."

"Ahahaha!" Niall's laugh echoed through the empty studio.

Hannah waved her hand dismissively, "Laugh all you want, Horan but you know it's true."

Niall continued with his bellowing laugh, "I never said it wasn't true. But still..."

"No but's bud," the tall, lengthy blonde haired girl walked over and hit Niall playfully on the back. "The sooner you start, the sooner you end and the sooner you can go party. But god bless us all if you start partying before five."

"We are not that bad," Harry's face pinched together.

Hannah let out a cold laugh, "I just want to remind you that you aren't legal here...."

"I am!" Louis' hand shot up in the air.

"Which is an ever bigger problem," Hannah muttered. "But telling the other four of you not to drink would be like telling a child to stop crying. It doesn't work. So let me just say this; you have a long leg of tour left ahead of you. If you do something stupid now you are going to get sent home. So don't screw up."

Just then Mrs. Sorin walked into the room carrying a large garment bag. Clearly we had new outfits to try on.

"And let me just add," her motherly voice overpowered the stage, "that you better behave as gentlemen towards your ladies. I'm mostly saying that because two of your girlfriends happen to be my daughters...." Her eyes narrowed in on Louis and Niall who both let out a weak smile. "But you need to treat them with the upmost respect and remember that not one of you is ready to be a father...."

"Woah Mama S," Zayn let out an uneven laugh. "We've got better judgment than that."

She nodded slowly, yet disbelieving as she walked over to the semi-circle the five of us had formed.

"Right now, in this moment you do because you are five smart boys, but if you are living in the moment your brain might not be thinking the right way. Just promise me you aren't going to do anything stupid."

She took a few seconds to make eye contact with each of us, waiting for us to nod. We all did.

"Okay then," she smiled. "Start your singing so we can try on your new outfits and then we can all get out of here."

"Right," Harry pumped his mic in the air. "Let's go!"

I followed Niall backstage to the place where we got on the lift.

"You okay buddy?" Niall turned to me as we were waiting for the instrumental part of the song to begin.

I nodded, "Fine, yeah."

Niall's shimmering blue eyes glossed over as his mouth turned down into a frown. "What went down last night? I thought it was good."