Chapter 46

Liam's POV

Of course the fans were still outside—in the street and on the sidewalk. The second we walked outside we were engulfed by their piercing screams. Out of habit, I pulled Charlotte close to me, feeling the need to protect her. I watched as her eyes scanned the crowd. She smiled warily. Ok, so it wasn't something you got used to, especially in three months, but she was more comfortable now that she had been before –probably because the majority of the death threats had stopped.

"Here you go," I opened the car door for her. She slid into the front seat, me closing the door after her. I went around the front of the car, climbed in and started the engine. I smiled at her before pulling the car into reverse. The security guards pushed fans away from the drive so that we could leave. Pulling out onto the main street, a few fans ran after us waving and screaming.

"Really?" Char chuckled. "What do they think that's going to do?"

I laughed, "Maybe they have super speed." But sure enough, after a block and a half the fans were gone.

It wasn't too long after that, that I swung the car into park in front of a fancy hotel.

I turned the car off and went to open her door. When she stepped down, she smiled, but I could tell she was freaking out.

Her long legs were weak in her heals as she stumbled forward slightly. I caught her against my chest.

"Oh come on Char," I chuckled taking her hand. "This is a romantic date that's fun for all, not me pushing for anything."

She giggled. "Am I that easy to read?"

"Pretty much," I smiled lovingly. "Don't worry about a thing okay."

Charlotte's POV

Liam led me into the hotel- it was the fanciest place I'd ever been.

"This place is... woah." I glanced up at the glass chandler.

"Incredible, isn't it?" Liam sighed. "I wouldn't know. They don't really let five teenage lads check in." He winked.

"Hmmm, I wonder why..."

"Niall would eat all their food. The rest of us would end up breaking something."

"Multiple things," I added. "Knowing you five, you'd break multiple things."

"True, true." He pulled me towards the elevator. He smashed the close doors button so that no one could join us, and hit the button for the top floor.

"Where are we going?"

"You have to wait and see," though I couldn't see his face, I could hear the smirk that overtook it.

I rubbed my arm nervously as I waited for the elevator doors to open. When they did, Liam led me into a long dimly light hall way. At the very end, he opened a door that led to another staircase. I wasn't smart enough to put two and two together-

He pushed the last door open in front of me, causing the cool October breeze to take over my bare skin.

I shivered as I walked onto the roof. I heard a strange noise coming from behind me. Liam's hands forcefully turned me around and pointed across the rooftop. There, on the other side, glistening in the moonlight, was a black helicopter.