Chapter 9

Charlotte's POV

"Hey," Liam smiled down at me. "Good to see you again." He stepped aside letting me pass through the door.

"You too," I smiled back up at him. "How've you been the last.... 24 hours?"

He chuckled, "Oh you know... sleeping, sleeping, watching TV and eating."

"Fun stuff man!" Liam took my purse and hung it on a hook next to the door. He escorted me to the couch where I saw Zayn.

"Charlotte," he waved. "Good to see you again."

"You too Zayn," I smiled sweetly. He patted the spot on the sofa next to him, so I gracefully slid my way to the sofa.

"So how is London treating you?"

"Fairly well actually. When you come from small town USA this is nothing but exciting!"
Liam came and sat down next to me, "How was your trip to the university?"

"It was good!" I shifted my body so that I was facing him "It's so big and so beautiful!"

The boys chuckled, "Is there anything here you don't think in big and beautiful?"
"Yes, my dorm room. It's the size of my closet back at home."

"Poor little Char," Liam joked with a light punch to my arm.

I laughed along with him.

We watched TV for a little keeping up minimum small talk. It should have been awkward, but it wasn't.

After about twenty minutes Liam got up from the sofa and put his jacket on. "I have to go and get the pizza, Charlotte. The place is right down the street. Did you want to come with me?" I turned to look at him and saw the eagerness in his eyes, but it was impossible to miss the face Zayn was making.

Liam shrugged and sighed, "I mean we can go out the back way to avoid the fans but I can't guarantee that the paps won't find us...."

I hopped off the couch and headed to grab my purse. He looked at me as through I was crazy. This time I was the one who shrugged. If I was ever going to get to know Liam I would just have to get over the downsides of him being famous. I was strong enough to put up with that. I just had to remember to mention it to my mom the next time I talked to her.

We said goodbye to Zayn who looked a little upset to be left alone. I wondered why Liam didn't invite him to come along. I was kind of hoping it was because he wanted to be with me alone. The idea made me smile.

He escorted me to the elevator. Once we were inside he pushed level three. I looked at him confused. He just winked. When the elevator stopped he led me down a dark hallway. He pushed open a door and we were out in the street. I laughed at his secret way. They'd clearly stayed there before.

We walked in silence for a short amount of time before Liam felt the need to break the silence.

"Have you ever played the question game?" he asked.

"Are you asking me to play?"

He nodded his head.

"You wanna go first?"

He put a finger to his lips, inquiring what question to ask first. "Tell me about your family."

"That's not a question," I nudged his side and he nudged me back. "Well, there is my mom and my dad. My mom is a journalist and works from home and my dad is a radiologist. I have two little sisters and a little brother. My brother is seven. His name is Grant. Talia is nine and Anastasia is eleven."