Chapter 41

Charlotte's POV

I followed Marisa back into the kitchen. I had my fingers crossed for her. As I entered the room I made my way over to Liam who was busy helping Harry tidy the kitchen.

I put my arms around his waist as he stood up from putting food in the fridge. I brushed my lips against his neck causing him to freeze momentarily. His head turned to the side slightly, just enough for me to see the sly look on his face.

I knew that I had his attention, but he didn't feel like letting me feel empowered.

"Out there," he nodded towards the door. I assumed he was talking to Marisa. "Have fun."

I heard a sliding door screech open.

Abruptly, Liam spun around in my arms. He took my hands away from his waist and secured them around his neck. I swear he winked before taking my lips in between his own. The sleeves of my sweatshirt had been pushed up past my elbows. Taking advantage of the bare skin, Liam ran his hands along the lower parts of my arms sending violent shivers down my back. He noticed the effect he was on me and gave a throaty laugh.

"You're cute," he chuckled.

"You stopped kissing me," I pouted.

His eyes beat down on me, light up by his smile. His arms grabbed my back and heaved me up onto his shoulder –goodness he was strong. I let out a shriek as he pretended to drop me.

"LIAM!"

"Oh come on, Charlotte, I got you!" He carried me over to the sofa where he let me fall into the cushions.

"Ugh," I muttered as I hit the sofa hard.

"Mmm," he whispered as he slid on top of me. He knelt over me, grinning.

I turned my gaze out the window, "Five bucks says Zayn and Marisa are making out right now."

"Five bucks says Louis, Harry, and Lauren are doing something idiotic right now."

I stuck my tongue out at him, "Five bucks says that Niall and Amalia aren't actually going to visit friends and that they are really just making out right now. "

"Five bucks says we're making out right now."

"Oh don't be so cheeky!" I scolded him. "However, you owe me five bucks because we aren't making out right now."

"We aren't?" he questioned as he moved his face closer to mine.

My breath hitched as he began to kiss up my jaw again.

"What happened to playing pin-the-tail on Harry?" I managed to ask.

"Later," he whispered before kissing me hard on the lips.

Louis' POV

"I'm going to kill you," Lauren spat. clearly frustrated as she ran a towel through her hair. She was sitting at the foot of the bed Harry and I shared while we stayed in Holmes Chapel.

She had insisted on not taking a shower, so I had helped her shampoo her hair in the sink. It proved to be more trouble that what it was worth.

"Now my shirt is soaking and I only brought just enough for the weekend," she complained.

I walked over to the dresser where I had placed my clothes for the weekend. "Here," I tossed her a blue and off white striped shirt.