Chapter 4

Charlotte's POV

After gathering my suitcases, I was ready to head to the curb to find a cab. I did a quick scan of the crowd around the baggage claim to see if I could spot Liam or one of the other boys. They were nowhere in sight, so I headed for the doors. Once in a taxi, I gave the driver the address of the hotel I would be staying at until I checked into classes and could move into my dorm.

The drive to the hotel was fascinating. Despite the rain and the clouds, London was absolutely breathtaking. The history that came with so many of the buildings shocked me. It wasn't something you saw in Nebraska, let alone the United States for that matter.

By the time I reached my hotel and got check-in I was completely exhausted. I had no idea what time it was, but I flopped my suitcase down on the sofa that was in my room. I pulled out a pair of sweatpants and grabbed my favorite sweatshirt. I tore off my jeans and put on my more comfortable outfit.

Before sliding into bed, I grabbed my phone and texted back my parents and a few friends. The last thing I did before drifting off into the peaceful state of dreamland was to add a new contact to my phone. Liam Payne. I typed and added his number below. Smiling as I hit "save," I plugged my phone into charge and quickly fell asleep.

I woke up the next morning refreshed. The sun was peeking through the curtains in the hotel room. The rain had stopped and the birds were singing. I pushed the covers away from me and stretched as I stood up. Opening the curtains to let the sunlight flood the room, I made my way to my suitcase. Pulling out black Nike shorts and a Creighton University sweatshirt, I headed to the bathroom. After a steaming hot shower, I got dressed, fixed my hair, and did my makeup. Despite the fact that my outfit was not fancy, my hair laid the way I wanted it too, and my makeup was flawless. I was ready for my first full day in London.

I grabbed my phone and my purse. I glanced at my phone noticing I had plenty of people to text or call back. I texted my mom and my little sister who had texted but decided the rest could way. But, the sudden thought of texting people reminded me that I had one phone number left to text. Liam. I decided not to text him yet. It wasn't that I was playing hard to get, but rather I was giving him space. I didn't want to seem too needy or too clingy.

Before I left for breakfast, I dug up my laptop. I slipped it into my Vera Bradley bag. I would have to find a breakfast café with wifi because I had a boy band to look up. I made my way down to the lobby and was, at least I thought I was, prepare for the day.

I was in London all of twelve hours before I had my first real big shock. I was riding in a cab on the way to breakfast and BBC Radio 1 was playing. I heard the show's host say, "And now your most requested song: here is One Direction with What Makes You Beautiful."

Instantly I realized what was happening. Liam said they had their fans which implied that they were just a small band, but a small band would not have the most requested song on a radio that you could listen to practically anywhere in the world.

I whipped out my phone and scrolled through my contacts until I found the number I had just entered hours earlier.

Liam Payne.

I clicked for a new text and scrawled my anger out in words.

Hey Liam, it's Charlotte, from the plane. Funny story. Your band currently has the most requested song on BBC Radio 1. You have your fans huh?

I hit sent without thinking twice. Maybe I would regret it when, well if, he responded but for now I was just ticked. Maybe I didn't have the right to be because I had never questioned him, but still.