Chapter 28

Charlotte's POV

"So, first show is over... What did you ladies think?" Lauren asked.

After the show had concluded, we had made our way to the Sorin home for a quality girl's night out. We all figured that some girl time was better than going over with the guys. Even Amalia had denied Niall's puppy dog eyes and escaped through the crowd of fans to get home.

I sunk into the pillow on Amalia's bed and took a deep breath, "I don't even know."

"Yeah, same," Marisa grinned.

"Marisa," Lauren addressed her with a certain look in her eyes, "Why did you tell Zayn you wanted to be friends? I'm just curious."

"You told him what?" I sprang forward towards her.

She shyly looked away, "I... I well okay, I lied to him. Of course I want to be more than friends, but I feel like it'd be stupid to come right out and start hooking up. I had so many crappy relationships in high school that I want to set my standards higher now."

We all looked at her confused, "Because a member of the hottest boy band in the world isn't good enough?"

A small giggle escaped from her mouth, "That's not what I meant. What I mean, is that, well, okay stick with me here. I don't just want someone to make out with when I'm bored."

Amalia and Lauren doubled over in laughter, "You think that's who Zayn is?"

"That's the problem! I don't know! I don't know him well enough at all! We've known each other for a few weeks but it's nothing like what Charlotte has with Liam. I mean you are always texting him! With me and Zayn, I just want to get to know him better so I can be sure he isn't playing with me."

Marisa's honesty struck us all, but Lauren was quick to defend Zayn.

"He isn't like that, Riss, trust us."

"I don't believe he is, however I want to figure that out for myself."

"Understandable," I told her trying to be a good friend.

"What about you lover girl?" Marisa made kissy noises.

"Yeah, you better kiss and tell," Amalia taunted.

A smile played my lips.

"Now if that doesn't say..." I cut Lauren off before she could finish.

"If you say hot steamy make out session just like Louis, I will smack you."

"Sorry," her shoulders slumped, "he's rubbed off on me. What can I say?"
Amalia nodded, "But really? What went down back stage?"

My mind wound through past events, reliving the moments that had just happened hour earlier.

"Well, let's see. It started off with him getting upset because he thought that the press was going to ruin everything. I hate seeing him like that –he gets so nervous that I'm just going to leave him. He told me that he didn't want to get hurt." I took a deep breath, "I told him that I just needed to adjust to it all because it was mind blowing for me. He calmed down and was comforting me, which might have led to a little bit of flirting and possibly some kissing. That might have led to him asking me to be his girlfriend, which probably led to more kissing," I recapped awkwardly.