Chapter 71

Charlotte's POV

The car pulled up in front of my grandma's house and once against my stomach quenched in nervousness. There were at least twenty cars parked in the driveway and along the curb. We didn't have a big family but our extended family was rather large.

"Let's go, kids," my dad turned off the car after parking it next to the snow-covered mail box. "The presents are in the trunk. You need to take them inside."

Grant and Anastasia climbed down onto the icy road followed by me and Talia. Grant opened the trunk while the rest of us made sure nothing fell out. With our arms filled with gift wrapped boxes, we walked through the driveway, along the front walk, right up to the front door.

My dad pushed the doorbell.

The chime rang, once, twice, three times before the door flew opened and we were welcomed with a breeze of warm air.

"Welcome, welcome," my grandmother shooed us through the door. I followed my sisters into the living room which was completely filled with people.

I placed my stack of presents under the Christmas tree and then turned into my Grandma's arms.

"Oh, Charlotte," she wrapped her arms around me. "How are you?"

"Hi, Grandma."

"How was your trip back?" she released me from her hold.

"Disastrous," I rolled my eyes and shook my head. "Traveling over the holidays is just miserable."

"Oh," her hands rubbed my arms, "I'm just glad you're back. I can't wait to hear all about London and school." She leaned forward so she was whispering in my ear, "And apparently that handsome boyfriend of yours."

I laughed at her with a slight wink.

"But go and talk to everyone else," she pushed me away from the Christmas tree into the waiting arms of aunts, uncles and cousins.

Once all the hugging was complete, I turned to the back corner of the room where I saw three incredibly familiar faces. All three were smirking at me. Chance had grown substantially and was now at least 6 feet. His hair was long again. It was shaggy but cut just above the collar of his blue polo. Meghan and Sophia were wearing matching blue skirts. Both of them had chopped their hair to just above their shoulder.

"Well look who has returned," his green eyes were warm and welcoming.

"Hey Chance," I grinned as I wrapped my arms around his waist. He hugged me back tightly.

"Good to see you again."

"You too. I didn't know you were part of the McDermott family."

He shrugged, "I didn't either, but I figured I couldn't turn your grandma down."

I nodded, "She's a very convincing and determined old lady."

"That she is," he chuckled.

I turned away from my ex-boyfriend to face my two best friends. Well, maybe just friends.

"Hey guys," I smiled at the wearily.

"HEYYY!" Meghan flew forward wrapping her arms around me. "How are you!?!"