Chapter 23

Charlotte's POV
Because the show was moved up a week, Marisa and I didn't have time to adjust to everything. Somehow we managed to put ourselves together and get ready for the show.

"Char, I am really freaking out right now." Marisa gripped the steering wheel tighter causing her knuckled to turn white.

"Deep breaths, Riss. It's just Zayn. 'Member that guy you had a really awesome date with?"

She breathed, "Yeah, right, him."

It was three o'clock. The show didn't start until seven, but we figured we would attempt to avoid the paparazzi as much as we could. I glanced down and readjusted my belt. Despite the typically rainy weather, it was a sunny September day. I had chosen to wear jean shorts and a light blue and white striped shirt. At the last minute, I had thrown on a grey zip hoodie. I was rather proud with my last minute outfit.

I had received a few compliments on it as I had walked through campus.

After news had gotten out, walking through campus was strange. Marisa and I both were swamped with the overwhelming feeling of thinking the whispering people are talking about you. But this time, lots of them were. I got smiles from strangers I had no idea who they were. Needless to say, Marisa and I weren't one to draw attention to ourselves, so we raced to her car with our heads down.

Now, as we pulled into the parking lot, all we could do was hope for the best.

"Parking pass or form of ID," the lot manager demanded.

"We're on the list..." Marisa pointed to his clipboard.

"Names?" he shook his head thinking we were lying.

"Marisa Walker and Charlotte McDermott."

"Oh dear. I'm sorry ladies. Go on through," he didn't even need to check the list.

I sent Liam a quick text telling him we were parking. He replied right away saying he'd meet us at the back entrance.

We walked through the garage and down the stairs. We managed to make it halfway to the back gates before we were spotted.

"Oh my gosh, are you Marisa and Charlotte? The girls who were out with the boys last night? I can't believe you are here! I can't believe I'm meeting you."

I smiled at the fan, but Marisa gave her a creepy look –not that I blamed her. We weren't famous and yet we were being flocked by fans.

"How did you meet them? Is Liam a good kisser? Are you guys dating? Did Zayn make a move? Is he a good kisser? Can I get a picture with my friends?" the girl seemed like she was hyperventilating.

I glimpsed at Marisa who shrugged.

"We'll take a picture, but you can't tweet it until after the show," I commanded. "Please?"

"You make the.... OHMYGOSH!" her piercing scream made my toes curl. "Li-li-liiiiii-Liam Payne!!" The girl was shaking.

"Hello ladies. Hi Marisa, Hey Char." He winked at me. He gave Marisa a hug and followed by giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek –which made the girls gasp.

"You didn't see that," he chuckled. "How about I exchange autographs in return for these two lovely ladies."

"Oh.. oh... ohhhhkay," the fan was hyperventilating.