Chapter 67

Charlotte's POV

I slowly opened my eyes as I felt Liam's nose nuzzled into the crook of my neck. His messy hair tickled the side of my cheek.

"Mmm," I sighed. "Good morning." I wrapped my arms around his neck. I snapped my eyes back shut and focused on keeping my breathing slow. I could have used a few more minutes, or hours, of sleep.

"Charlotte," he sang ever so cutely.

"Liam," I snag back in my oh-so-lovely voice.

"Time to get up," he nuzzled his face closer, allowing me to feel his warm breath on my most sensitive patch of skin.

I whimpered as his lips started to nip ever so gently at the skin on my neck. "What's wrong?" his whisper was seductive.

I groaned, pushing him back onto the pillow and rolling over so I was on top of him.

I took his face between my hands and kissed his already pursed lips.

"Ready to go home today?" he asked when I sat back. His hands ran up and down my legs, trying to be gentle and sweet, but instead he lit a fire in the pit of my stomach.

"Yeah," I gulped.

I really was. I was excited to see my sisters and brother. I was also excited to see my parents. After my mom's little pep talk over Skype, she had been a little more accepting of my relationship with Liam. She told me, with a laugh, that she could instantly tell when we got back together because the joy was back in my voice.

My dad was a different story, but I was praying that when the boys came to Omaha for their show, Liam and my dad would just click. It would make life that much easier.

"I'm kind of jealous of Marisa," I took his hands off my thighs and held them in my lap.

"Cause she gets to stay with us?" he inquired.

I nodded, "Maybe I should ditch my family." I scrunched my face together in thought.

"Noooo," he tapped my stomach. "Grant would kill you."

He was right. Grant, my little brother, was so excited about me coming home. He had called me at least once a day for the past two weeks to make sure I was still coming.

I laughed, "True, true. Guess I better get up and pack my stuff back up. Gotta leave for the airport soon."

"Mmm, not yet," he pulled me down harshly onto his waist, rolling over and releasing his weight on top of me.

His lips swiftly brushed my own, but it wasn't a full kiss. He pulled his head back and our eyes connected. His were warm and glistening and loving. They weren't dark with lust like they had been the night before. My eyes fluttered shut as I listened to our breathing.

Three days was what we got. After a month and a half we got the gift of three days and two nights together before being separated again. It wasn't enough time.

Out of desperation, I lifted my arms around his neck. I felt slightly needy that I was so driven when he was trying to be sweet, but he clearly didn't mind. I closed the gap and locked our lips, welcoming the familiar jolt of energy it sent cursing through my body. After a few moments, I welcomed his tongue that was slowly playing with my bottom lip. His arms went behind me, wrapping around my back and pulling up closer to him. Goosebumps overpowered my skin as his mouth trailed along my cheek and to my neck.