~|^[8]^|~

Edited by GivingLove10

...

The mall wasn't far away, so Jimin insisted on walking there to make sure Taehyung got more involved, but Taehyung wasn't really involved in anything. He was just focusing on the ground looking underneath him. He felt threatened by the things he might see when he raised his head.

Jimin stopped walking and so did Taehyung.

"You need to look in front of you Taehyung," Jimin said softly.

"I'm scared," Taehyung said with fear while tightening his grip around Jimin's hand still not raising his head.

"Fine then you said you read books! I will describe what you will see so you won't be surprised. Is that okay with you?"

"I don't know."

"There are 2 children playing with a ball, both of them are boys, buildings are not high but only two stories high, some are painted with light colors, some are dark and elegant. There is a small supermarket opposite to us-" Jimin continued describing the view as he waited patiently for Taehyung to raise his head and see everything with his own eyes.

After 10 minutes of Jimin describing every single detail, Taehyung started to slowly raise his head. His eyes widened as he felt a ball slightly hit his leg which made him take a step back.

"Sorry sir can I have my ball back!" the young boy said while bowing then looked at Taehyung who looked confused at him.

Jimin pushed Tae's arm lightly gesturing him to say something in return, but Taehyung replied to the child with a mere nod, so the boy took the ball and left.

Jimin continued walking followed by Taehyung. He kept looking around, scared, but every now and then he took glances at Jimin's free hand. He was really scared that Jimin might leave him, but at the same time, he didn't want to make him feel uncomfortable.

"Hold it," Jimin said giving out his hand. He knew what Tae was thinking. He didn't understand how he felt it, but he was sure that he could feel the fear radiating from his body. Eventually, that fear decreased dramatically the second Tae held Jimin's hand.

"Thank you and sorry," Tae said with a sad expression knowing how much a burden he was to Jimin, but he was left with a smile in return.

"Don't worry, I don't know why I feel comfortable around you, but I like that feeling."

"Why! Don't you feel comfortable around Jungkook too?"

"Jungkook!" Jimin thought for a second, "he is unpredictable. I've known him for a long time, but I'm still not used to his moody behavior. Please don't let your guard down around him."

Taehyung nodded, and both of them kept walking. More people started to show, which was the cause of Tae's panic.

"I don't like this. Too many people, can we go somewhere with fewer people?"

Jimin held Taehyung's hand tighter not allowing him to run away from him, "We are going inside this mall to buy you some clothes, and we aren't going anywhere else, so you better put that tough mask on cause we're gonna need it."

Taehyung tried to swallow all this fear and tears. Jimin felt how fearful Tae was feeling by how his body was shaking behind him. Both of them stood in front of a shop, "We are going inside. I will do all the talking so don't worry but if someone asks you something try to talk back, don't be a scared cat," assured Jimin.

Both of them entered the shop and started walking towards the clothes ignoring all of the "how can I help you sir", "is there something you want", "looking for something specific". Jimin wanted the least amount of human interactions for Taehyung's sake.

"Try this. I'll lead you to the fitting room," Jimin said after choosing something for Taehyung.

Taehyung nodded, and they both went to the fitting room. Jimin let go of Tae's hand giving him the shirt and trousers from him to change into, but Taehyung looked at Jimin in wonder.

"Please tell me this look doesn't mean 'help me change', isn't it!"

Taehyung sighed then nodded knowing that Jimin didn't like it.

"Sorry! Eventually, I'll learn how to change on my own."

They both entered the fitting room, and Jimin helped Tae change, but they were stopped by a knock on the fitting room's door. Jimin slightly opened the door making sure the topless Tae wasn't shown.

"Yes is there something you want?"

"Ahm sir, I'm sorry, but I have to tell you this fitting room is for only one person, so can I ask for one of you to leave. We don't want any problems in the store," the girl said, shyly looking at the annoyed Jimin, then looked at the ground.

"He doesn't know how to change on his own, when we are done we'll leave so you better leave before he catches a cold because of you." Jimin said, then closed the door in annoyance understanding what she meant but he brushed it off.

"What's wrong?" Tae asked worriedly.

"Nothing, let me help you change real quick someone wants the room," he lied. Deep down he knew what a liar he was, he lies to Jin, to Jungkook, to Taehyung and mostly to himself.

After finally trying the clothes on Jimin felt satisfied by Taehyung's look. They both left the fitting room. Taehyung quickly grabbed Jimin's hand which left Jimin softly smiling. However, when they left the fitting room everyone in the store was looking at them, some with disgust, some in annoyance and some in curiosity.

"I don't like the stares Jimin," said Taehyung as he started breathing heavily, scared of the prying eyes of everyone.

Jimin stood in front of him saying, "Hey look at me! Breath slowly and calm down. No one can do anything to you."

Taehyung did as Jimin said. He looked at him and started equally pacing his breathing calming himself. When Tae was finally okay, Jimin held his hand and went to the cashier to pay for the things they wanted.

"Your boyfriend is really cute. Don't worry about the others," the lady by the cashier said to Jimin.

Tae was holding the hem of Jimin's shirt because both Jimin's hands were busy paying.

"He isn't my boyfriend. We are both friends, and he is sick, so don't start assuming things."

Jimin wanted to stop the lies, but this time it was not what he expected. Yes, all the eyes weren't on them anymore after saying that but now pity words were thrown at him.

Tae slid his hands from Jimin's shirt ′sick! So he sees me as a sick person. Does he say the same words everyone else is saying but in his head!′ Taehyung thought while looking at the floor.

"Hey, Taehyung lets go," Jimin turned around and smiled at him. He was about to hold his hand but Taehyung brushed it off. "What's wrong?" Jimin asked in confusion.

"I can walk on my own now."