~|^[22]^|~

Edited by GivingLove10 

...

"As you heard, it's already too late, so you better start accepting him."

Jin looked at Jungkook in disgust, then back at Jimin in anger saying, "I'll never accept someone like him, and I will also never forgive him, nor forget the fact that he stood in your way of attending your own mother's funeral, so don't you dare come ask me that again."

Cold shivers ran down all of their spines, Jimin remembered that day same as Jungkook, Jin looked at the floor with sadness filling his eyes.

Flashbacks

It was a lonely day for him, but it was lonely for Jimin too. That day Jimin was sitting in front of a lake watching the dark water moving slowly, waiting for the cold chills to hit his body when Jungkook came to him saying, "You are going to miss your mother's funeral."

"Jungkook I can't go."

"Why?"

"I lied to her a lot, I never told her anything and the worst part is that this morning she asked me why I didn't go to school! And my answer was because I'm sick, but she smiled at me sadly. She knew I was lying and-" Jimin started crying whereas Jungkook sat beside him and placed his arm around Jimin soothing him, "she- didn't- want to confront me- she thought that I didn't trust her- she- I- didn't want to burden her. She took care of me- alone, she- made sure I live a good life. I feel devastated- and I - don't know what to do-"

Jimin kept crying in Jungkook's arms, he was too busy wiping his tears to even notice Jungkook's I swear to your mother's soul that I will always protect you, and stay by your side, promise to himself.

Jin, on the other hand, was at the funeral receiving the condolences all alone, no brother, no sister, no mother, no father, no uncle, and no relative at all, just him there all alone. It took so long, 'til early in the morning when people left. He was sitting on the floor resting his head on the wall when Jimin and Jungkook made their appearances.

A snort left Jin's mouth, saying, "You are pretty early!"

Jimin looked at Jin with knitted eyebrows, but Jungkook was the one who spoke, "There was a situation, so he couldn't come to the funeral."

"A situation! Does he know Jungkook?"

Jungkook looked at Jin with questioning eyes, "What are you exactly talking about?"

"Does he fucking know who you are? Does he know that your father is 'Don Jeon' a mafia leader?"

Jimin looked at Jungkook with questioning eyes but Jungkook was shocked, he didn't tell Jimin and he didn't want him to know about him, because he wanted Jimin to stay with him as his best friend, but after knowing this he was sure that Jimin would refuse to be around him any longer.

But-

"Yeah I know, but what does this have to do with this funeral? Are you just trying to blame someone for the bloody explosion? I'm sorry uncle but you have to look for someone else to blame."

"Kid how dare you raise your voice like that, you changed so much because of him and above all that you don't attend your mother's funeral."

"Why are you mad at me, it's my fucking decision either to attend or not and by the way, mom wouldn't have wanted me to stay here and cry for her sake but would've wanted to see me happy and that's exactly what I did, so get off my back."

Jin's angered look softened a little but in defeat, he directed his focus elsewhere, "Good, at least one of us was happy for her," he stood up and walked past Jungkook, continuing, "people come and people go, his best friend left and soon you will."

End of flashbacks

Jin's words echoed in Jungkook's mind, even now after all of those years he still remembers those words, "People come and people go, his best friend left and soon you will. Remember when you said that? Look now, 8 years and I'm still here and he won't let go. If you hate me that much because of my father, or because of that day then so be it, but you better take note that I won't leave his life even if I died, my ghost will keep lingering around him," Jungkook said looking at Jin, trying to be as calm as possible.

The doorbell rang, "I'll take that, you guys continue your argument" all of them looked at Taehyung. He ran to the door and opened it, taking the order and went back in, "I guess Jungkook will be paying," giving him the receipt.

Jungkook took out the money with his mouth wide open and Tae went back to the door and paid the delivery boy then went back in.

"Hold up, hold up, did he just open the door?" Jungkook said asking Jimin, who was in a shocked-land as well.

"Jin taught me how to open it, so yeah, sure I did, and also the doctor told me to stop being scared," Taehyung replied while setting down the pizza.

"Are you fucking serious? That's it! And like that you can open it. Waah! Did I miss something? Jimin say something?" Jungkook asked waiting for Jimin to answer.

"I have no words to say, but that's good, I guess."

"Does this mean you guys finished fighting?" Taehyung questioned looking at Jin, receiving a sigh from him.

"I see you got 4 pizzas," Jin said as he went to take one of the pizzas, "and that's mine."

"Hyung! Jungkook paid for that" Jimin smirked expecting him to leave it the second he heard that, but he was left in shock.

"I know. He stays in my house a lot, so I will take this as his payment for staying here."

"Your uncle has a good sense of humour, I admit that," Jungkook stated.

Jin didn't want to repeat his mistakes, his sister told him all about Jimin, and he was actually the one who followed Jimin during school, trying to know Jimin's weird behaviour.

Jin later told his sister the truth behind Jimin being bullied at school, but then he got scared when he found out about Jungkook, which made him overprotective towards Jimin. However, Jin was that type of person who takes care from a distance, but Jungkook was the opposite of that.

Jungkook was always there standing in front of Jimin when getting punched or pushed, shielding him from harm. Jin was doing that too, but he wasn't standing there, yeah Jimin was still taking the blows, but he always made sure to report to the authorities.