-|T[82]T|-

Edited by GivingLove10 

...

"I think I've carried out my responsibility by sending you here, Taehyung," Jin said while stopping, still placing his hand on the steering wheel.

Taehyung smiled at him and nodded. Jin took out keys from his pocket and handed them over to Taehyung, who took them and got out of the car.

Another car stopped beside Jin's which had both Jimin and Jungkook. Actually, Jin didn't accept Jungkook riding in the same car as him, so Jungkook was compelled to take his car instead, and obviously, Jimin didn't like the cold attitude Jin was giving Jungkook, someone who has just lost his father, so he joined him.

Jin excused himself, informing them that he still has work to do related to the trial which occurred earlier. Therefore, they let him go and decided to explore the Kims' mansion on their own.

The metallic gate's door was shining under the sun's light which blocked their way from entering the mansion. Two switched off door box-like lamps were hanging on each of the white pillars on both sides of the gate.

Taehyung put the key inside the keyhole and twisted it, allowing the three of them to enter the mansion's terrace.

As they stepped inside, they noticed the sound of water flowing, so their eyes caught up with their ears and looked at the source of the sound, noticing a beautiful white marble fountain sitting towards the right side of the lawn with 2 greek-like statues; the male one was on the lower level holding the plate above with both his hands, resting it on his head. Whereas the female one, on top was holding a pot, a little inclined, to pour back the water in the fountain base.

"I've never seen anything like that before. I believe this was custom made." Jungkook spoke after giving out a loud gasp upon seeing the scene.

Taehyung smiled in response, and the three of them continued walking on the equally trimmed grass which covered a large space, ignoring the fact that they can just step aside and walk on the colorful stoned floor instead.

After another minute of walking, they halted when their eyes landed on the magnificent mansion before them. "Am I the prince here as well?" Taehyung asked with his mouth wide open, and his eyes roaming around the beautifully structured mansion.

"And here I thought I was the prince in this story. I have to admit this looks extra expensive," Jungkook said, as he sighed after a while patting Taehyung's shoulder.

The exterior of the mansion was all covered with blocks of natural stone, excluding the roof which wore shades of dark colors of porcelain tiles. Many windows were visible with their white color perfectly suiting the grey shade the natural stones were giving.

Taehyung looked up at the front door, took some steps forward and climbed the 2-3 steps placed there. He took out the keys again and chose the other key, placing it inside the keyhole and turned it, unlocking the door for the three of them.

"Taetae are you sure you want to do this?" Jimin asked with worry, painted on his face. "It's been a long time since you last came to your house," he continued, as he finished he bit his lips.

Taehyung, on the other hand, turned to face Jimin with a smile plastered on his beautiful face, reassuring him to worry about nothing. The moment Taehyung was about to step a foot inside his home, Jungkook held his hand quickly, preventing him, which confused Tae.

"Something is off" Jungkook stated with his eyes eyeing their surroundings "If your father died a long time ago and no one was living in this mansion, why does it seem like this place was never abandoned?" he inquired looking at Taehyung.

Tae shrugged his shoulders unbothered by Jungkook's remark and finally stepped inside the mansion. He inhaled harshly while closing his eyes then exhaled as he opened them back again.

In that exact moment Taehyung opened his eyes, he saw a vague image of his younger self running in front of him, and a woman strolling behind the younger him in an attempt to catch the little boy.

"V stop running you're going to hurt yourself," his mother's flawless voice echoed in the back of his mind.

Taehyung took a heavy step forward in the gigantic hallway as it flowed into 2 equally huge wooden staircases, making a circular shape to lead to the higher floors.

[Imagine only the stairs looking like that.]

Taehyung reached the first stair step, placing one leg on it and rested his hand on the stair's handrail while gulping. This is your house. You owe it to your father to bring back everything he lost or hid, he thought to himself, trying his best to cool down the boiling blood in his veins.

He climbed the steps, one after another, with both of his friends trailing behind him, following him everywhere he went, afraid that he might be in some kind of danger.

Taehyung didn't know where he was going and didn't know why he had chosen that direction to move in, but he just trusted his body and kept moving forward until he stopped in front of a double door room. He held both the handles and forcefully pushed the door open.

An image he had seen before was in front of him. A very familiar scene, almost all shades of colors were present for his eyes to see on the shelves hanging on the wall. Some empty wooden frames were neatly placed on a table which was in the corner of the huge room. On another corner, there were multiple finished portraits perfectly framed and polished.

Taehyung walked towards the portraits, but before that, he said, "Neither of you touche anything in this room. I warn you."

He continued walking, then leaned a little to hold up one of the portraits. His eyes obviously searched for the pen name first as he saw it carved at the bottom right, like usual, "Kim V," he read it out loud.

Both Jungkook and Jimin went to where Taehyung was standing and Jimin asked, "Is this place your mother's art studio?"

Taehyung gave his sweet boxy smile, nodding happily, "At least I remember that now. I remember that she used to come here a lot, and I used to follow her too. Either I end up jumping into a pool of colors, or she ends up-" he paused, and while turning the painting he was holding to face both his friends, he proceeded, "painting me."

He turned on his heels and sat on the floor while looking at each of the paintings, belonging to his mother. Both Jimin and Jungkook sat on each side of Taehyung, waiting for him to speak up.

"This was the first painting my mother painted of dad," he smiled at the portrait, recalling his conversation with his mother.

He was just a 4 year old child, sitting on the table while she was ordering the portraits in her art studio. "Your father caught me painting this picture of him," she giggled.

"And this one was when I was playing around in the studio. At first, I was enjoying my time mixing a lot of colors together, but then I noticed the silence, so I turned around to see her sitting on her tall wooden chair." He looked around the room then pointed at the chair which still looked the same to him. "She was engrossed in painting something, so I decided to sneak a peek and saw her painting the mess I made, not forgetting to include me in it."

Taehyung told 3 more stories since those were the only things he remembered. His memory as a child was blurred, and he felt like it was a little messed up so he refrained from going on with the tales.

"Where do you want to go next?" Jungkook asked.

"My room, I guess!"