Kili ~ Blackmail? Do you...

It was no secret that you and Kili didn't overly like each other, especially to those that knew the two of you. No one was really sure why, after all, for the most part, you were both good natured, enjoyed a laugh and could often be seen getting up to one mischief or another.

And yet, placed in a situation together, the two of you often shared harsh words and tense moments as you both decided what the other was going to do about it.

Which was why it was surprising to a lot of people when they saw Kili marching towards your home, whispers soon starting.

You reluctantly opened the door after he announced himself. "What is it Kili?"

Kili cleared his throat. "I was hoping to talk to you."

You eyed him suspiciously. "Why?"

He let out an impatient huff. "Please Y/N? I'd rather not have to do this in your doorway."

You rolled your eyes and stepped back, allowing him in, closing off the sounds and the prying eyes. Kili waited for you to lead him further in, going to the kitchen.

"Would you like a drink?" You asked.

"You don't have to be civil." He mumbled.

"I'm being polite." You said. "Or would you prefer it that I just continued this in the hall?"

Kili sighs. "Tea is fine, thank you." He sits, looking nervous and worried. "Just...however you take it."

It took you a few minutes but eventually you joined him, a steaming cup in front of both of you. You frowned at him. "So, I take it there is a reason you are nervous?"

"I'm not nervous." He said quickly and you just raised an eyebrow at him, making him look away. "Look, I understand that this isn't exactly normal for us, but see...I may have a small problem."

"So why come to me?" You take a sip of tea, watching him.

"Well," Kili swallowed. "I was hoping that we could at least talk civilly for one."

"We are," You lean back. "Me letting you into my home and offering you tea is civil Kili, now get to the point."

Kili stands, looking more and more distressed. "I know we've never got along well Y/N, but I'm hoping, for the sake of-of-well- I don't even know, I don't even know why I'm here!"

You wait for him, looking amused as he continues his rant before finally sighing and leaning on the back of his chair.

"I need your help." He finally said. "I don't want to, but I need to."

You put your cup down and fold your hands together. "Okay."

Kili blinks. "Okay?"

You nod. "What? Did you expect me to say no?"

"Yes."

Shaking your head, you smile. "Kili, just because I don't overly like you, doesn't mean I won't help if you ask me."

He opens his mouth for a moment, considers it, then closes it again.

You laugh. "If I knew that was all it took to render you speechless, I would've done that a long time ago."

Kili frowns and straightens up. "This is serious Y/N." He sighs and runs his hands through his hair. "And I know you aren't going to like it."

"Try me." You said, folding your arms. "I'm sure I can handle it."

Kili's face flushed but he didn't give himself a chance to back down. "I need you to pretend to be courting me."

To say you were shocked was an understatement, your eyebrows shooting up as you stared at Kili. "What?"