• 17 •

"thank you

"thank you." though it was quiet and hushed , it was heard .

the two felt a certain connection , yet they weren't sure what . being so emotionally close to the target wasn't part of the mission.

yet she couldn't help herself .

; +

"so , do you wanna hang out ?" hae eun asked , walking down the cold streets .

"do it yourself." jisung spoke , his hands stuck into his pockets .

"hanging out with myself ? that's upsetting." she sighed .

"not my problem." jisung shrugged , bringing a frown onto her face , "i thought we had something." she spoke , in an obvious upset tone .

"we did , wasn't it hatred?" jisung chuckled , earning a light slap on his shoulder from hae eun .

"okay okay , what do you want ?" jisung asked .

"a meal ! i'm hungry ." she rubbed her tummy , a pulling urge telling her to eat .

"what ? no." jisung was quick to reject her yet she persisted, not wanting to step down .

"okay okay !" he sighed in defeat , knowing she wouldn't let him go without a meal with her .

; +

"the food arrived ! thank you ! I will eat the food well !" she did her little pray before eating her meal .

"you better eat well , I'm paying this meal with the money I got from killing people ." jisung scoffed looking at her digging into the meal , then back at his wallet .

feeling a block in her throat , unable to pass the food down , causing her to nearly choke , coughing violently .

"you're joking right ?" she hit her chest repeatedly hoping to ease down .

Jisung scoffed , letting out a little laugh before his face turned into a stern one , "no."

she gulped down the saliva in her mouth as she kept quiet , forgetting the fact that he could kill her any moment if he wanted .

knowing how dangerous he was and how many people told her not to "play with fire"

yet something about him intrigued her , she didn't know how and why but she felt a sort of trust , a sort of trust that made her comfortable about him .

she knew her objective was to get him in jail after gaining evidence but she couldn't seem to do that .