• 51 •

"oh and you're quitting that job

"oh and you're quitting that job ." jisung spoke whilst walking , hands stuck in his pocket .

the two walked side by side . she was still slightly stunned after witnessing someone being shot .

"i-i no i can't sung." she sighed , fiddling with her fingers . she didn't want to quit her job , knowing there won't be any other source of income .

"i'll take care of you. don't worry about the money ." he spoke , his eyes focused at the street in front .

"i-i sung..." she stared at him , not knowing what to say , "i don't want to depend on you. i don't want to be a burden to you ." she looked down at the pathway that was covered in gravel and rocks . she started to peel the skin of her thumb out of a habit she inherited at a young age . little particles of blood dripped , she was mindlessly fiddling with her fingers , not knowing the harm she had caused .

"you're not a burden to me , love ." his eyes focused on her finger that was now bleeding . yet the girl didn't seem to care and continued to fiddle with it .

he placed his enormous hand on top of hers , stopping her from further harm towards herself . "you're hurting yourself ." he rubbed her fingers gently .

"i didn't— i didn't know ." she sighed again , frustrated at herself .

"it's okay , stop worrying about it . i don't mind eun ." jisung gave her a reassuring smile .

"but sung..." her eyes filled with sadness and guilt , she was lost , she didn't know what to do next .

"you're quitting your job and that's final ." jisung instructed , his tone was stern . displaying his certainty.

she nodded , still looking down .

"hey , where's the cheerful hae eun ?" jisung stopped in his track . causing the girl to stop .

he turned to face her , holding her chin . forcing her to look up , "look at me eun."

she looked at him , his gaze soften seeing her fear stricken eyes . "i just, i just don't know what to do- i just feel like a big burden to everyone." she said out the dreadful thoughts in her mind .

his free hand travelled to her petite waist , pulling her close to him .

their body temperature reflected off each other , bringing warmth to each other . staying warm in the cold surrounding .

"you're not a burden to anyone , especially not to me , love ." he pulled her into an embrace , her head was rested on his chest .

his hand travelled behind her head , pushing her closer to him . her hands moved to his waist as the two stood in the middle of the street , hugging .

the two wanted the moment to slow down , they wanted the time to stop just so they could live in that moment forever . they felt extremely blessed having each other's company .

"thank you sung ." she spoke softly , her breath hitting his chest .

she appreciated all his reassuring words that brought a smile to her face .

he let out a soft chuckled , "no worries , my love ."

"