• 34 •

he looked into her eyes , her eyes that was filled with pure terror

he looked into her eyes , her eyes that was filled with pure terror .

she was shaking , quivering . o

his gaze soften , not wanting to scare her even more .

jisung : "eun."

he called out , the girl looking at him , facing her head up .

jisung : "do you need something ?"

she sniffed , wiping her tears away . she couldn't speak , it was like there was something stopping her , something blocking her words from coming out.

she opened her mouth but no words came out .

jisung : "I'll go buy you water ."

He turned around , she thought he was going to leave her again .

But he recalled what happened last time when he left her , he turned around and grabbed her wrist , well it came off as harsh but he really didn't mean it to .

jisung : "s-sorry, just follow me , i don't want you hurt again ."

He intertwined his fingers with hers , and instead of making a flirty remark she'd normally do , she flinched to his touch .

he slightly retracted his hand , removing his from hers just in case she was uncomfortable .

she looked down , unknowing what to do , it wasn't that she didn't like his touch , infact it was nice for him to make a move but , she just wasn't in the right state of mind for skin contact right now .

the truth ? he was slightly hurt and upset that she somewhat rejected him , but he understood , I mean she almost got raped but thanks to him , she didn't .

he walked towards the direction of the store , the girl following him behind , looking down at her hands as she fiddled with it .

he stood at the counter , paying for the drinks .

after getting the drinks , he headed out . walking towards the girl who was waiting for him outside still maintaining a distance between the two .

Passing her one of the drink that was in his hand .

hae eun : "t-thanks."

she spoke softly , untrusting her voice afraid her voice might crack or anything worse .

she opened the cap , twisting it . drinking the water , the water travelling down her throat , clearing her throat , providing it with wetness so she could speak easier .

jisung : "better?"

in which , she nodded , answering to his question .

jisung : "im sorry i- i couldn't save you just now ."

his eyes drowned with guilt . for the mafia leader , park jisung , to be saying sorry to a girl was definitely a first , he had never and would never apologize nor greet thanks to anyone , well.. anyone but her.

hae eun : "sung.. you did save me ."

"