༒ Prologue ༒

⇺  ⇻ ♕ ⇺  ⇻

Eight months later

Again, hope has taken place for fear.

All these years of freedom had been for nothing. We knew what was coming ahead of us.

It was only now starting.

I look around the Great Hall in front of me, my family, soldiers and our staff, waiting for me to say something about what has happened. I had no words, I had no explanation. Yet, I was the one who should give them hope and as princess of Ethura, I had no clue what to tell them.

I still can see the terror in my father's eyes when he stares at me. Reminding him of the two woman he had lost over the years. He couldn't lose me too.

I step forward, followed by the one man in my life and straighten my back. Not showing my fear.

'Everyone is born to die', I say loud, my voice echoing against the walls of this silent place. 'Some of us die too early. Others never get a chance to live, even when they are alive'.

My father lays his head in his hands, his shoulders shaking. Our king was desperate and this time, I had to be strong for him.

'We will not let this bring us down! Do you hear me? We won't!' I yell at them. Some of them nod in agreement while others lose hope. Everything goes quiet once my echoes disappear. Every little bit of hope gone ...