༒ Ninety-three ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

We had gathered every close friend of ours, prepared several horses when a guard opened the gate to the side trail of the cliffs. The last time I had been here I had snook out of the castle and Levi had found me, reminding me again how I was endangering my life.

We all wanted to see the Separation Bridge. We all wanted to stand there together, praying for a better future. Cameron's horse was running in the front, Audrey sat behind him, ducking for the branches of the trees at the side.

I ran behind them, Spirit going as fast as he could, the wind in my hair when Jade held me tighter than she ever had done. Horseback riding wasn't something she enjoyed as much as we did.

Behind us Elliott was riding his horse, Olivia holding her arms around him. I couldn't but smile when I saw them, it was so unusual. Once we enter the other gate I jump of my horse and walk to it. Realising I was the only one who could unlock it.

I pass Cameron's horse softly, laying my hand on its head, getting a soft smile from Cameron before I turn around and lay my hands on the gate. Closing my eyes, focusing on the sound of the river, the wind, everything around me.

'Aperiam in celsitudinem' I whisper and a clicking sound makes me step back. The gate opening slowly. I walk further through it, followed by the others with their horses. It didn't take me long to walk over to the Separation Bridge, I couldn't but stare at the island in the distance. Ezra was living there with his family in the castle, he couldn't possibly be happy in that dark place.

All of them jump of their horses, and fasten their reins to a tree trunk before joining me. On top of the cliff some citizens were building up houses again, but they didn't care about us standing here. We all stare at Syrilia, not saying a word for a moment.

'Does everyone has his candle?' Cameron asks and we all take ours, one for one lighting it up, our new ritual to remember the loved ones.

'To Valentina and Levi', Cameron whispers when he holds up his candle. We all repeat him, following his gesture.

'May they rest in peace', Olivia says soft before walking towards the bridge and placing her candle in front of it.

The sun was going down, the waves in the river were calmer than normal. We all follow her lead and put the candles down, me as last one. I sit on my knees for a moment, understanding that this was another way of saying goodbye. All memories of Valentina play before my eyes. The way we used to dress up as a child, the one time we had found an eagle in the gardens and decided to raise it without our parents knowing. I smile at the little lights in front of me, trying to ignore the pain in my heart.

'Are you feeling good?' Olivia asks. I nod a little and stand up and join them again.

'Somewhere in this ocean lays an island that wants to ruin us', I whisper and stare over the water. 'I have to find out why', I add softly. Cameron takes my hand in his, locking his eyes one mine when we meet each other.

'We have to found out why', he reminds me.

'We are in this together', Jade takes my other hand, assuring me of her support.

'You are not alone', Olivia joins us, honest in her dark eyes. It didn't take long for Elliott and Audrey to stand around us, tears in my eyes telling me how grateful I am to have these people around me. Olivia was right, I wasn't alone.

My life had changed so much over the last few months. I lost some friends, but I always found love in others.

'Let's start a new adventure!' Audrey says, breaking the silence. Everyone starts laughing, praising the enthusiasm of this young woman. That is exactly what we needed, more faith. We only find that in each other. 

- The End -