༒ Forty-six ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

Tonight was the night we all had been waiting for, me for different reasons than most people in the Great Hall. Our usually golden detailed hall was now decorated with long red curtains, a chocolate fountain for the guests in the middle and most important, a huge throne for my sister to sit on. This was her moment.

She looks proud while receiving guests, excepting gifts and having small talks. Ezra stands by her side to welcome the Royalty, excepting the donations they had made for their own islands. The first Royalty family to arrive was one of Tugoa, a family of five children, all very similar to each other and not much age difference. Their parents were rich, you could only tell by the massive crown the woman wore, even though I was pretty sure she wasn't a Queen. The family Wilson, I remember and smile at them when they walk past me on their way to my sister.

The actual Queen of Tugoa on the other hand, was an older lady, accompanied by her grandson. The family McCarthy as they called them. Her grandson must be around the same age as Valentina, both his parents had died in a shooting, my father had once told me. Auden McCarthy would be the upcoming King of Tugoa, luckily he seems intelligent with his glasses. It had taken me a long time to search for everyone's names and remember them, but I think I made a pretty good job.

The Great Hall was still not filled, we had invited our soldiers and maids to dress up and happily they had followed their orders. On the other hand, one of the other orders was not to talk with Royalty families unless they spoke first, a ridiculous world it is.

Theodore had escorted me from my bedroom to the Great Hall, our entrance being filmed by enthusiastic journalists, and now we stood here together with Jade and Levi who didn't feel comfortable I could tell.

'Milady', a lilting voice comes from behind me. I turn around to see Iris Johansson, crown princess of Parisha. I bow for her and Theodore follows my lead as usual.

'Come on, dear friend! No need to bow for me Rosalia', she says before spreading her arms to hug me tight. Our huge dresses bumping into each other. We both laugh about that and release each other again, taking a look at each other.

'I've read all the articles about you, Rosalia. You are a hero!', she says excited and I wonder how much she has drunk.

'I'm not, but thank you', I say jokingly.

'Look, I have to talk to your sister but after that I won't leave your side', she promises while squeezing in my hands and turns around to join her parents, waiting in the long line to talk to my sister.

'I didn't know you knew this much Royalty', Levi notices before taking another sip of his drink.

'Most of them I don't know. Iris and I used to be good friends in the past, but I haven't seen her in years', I say, raising an eyebrow. It seems like most Royalty families had arrived, and yet I hadn't found the person I was looking for. Instead my gaze went to Cameron who walks in through the massive doors, with on his side, the proud Olivia. She looked beautiful, and I felt useless.

'We can always dance', Theodore suggests when I don't say much anymore. Levi turns to Jade, pointing his hand at her.

'I think that is a good idea', Levi notices and Jade takes proud his hand, heading for the dance floor. The two of us still in the corner, me trying to find the only person I have to see.

'Rosa? Are you okay?' Theodore asks concerned when I finally look up at him.

'Yes, of course. I promise we can dance later, but for now ...' I stop talking immediately when a woman with a massive dark blue dress walks in, her face harsh as they described it. I sigh, not able to blink my eyes.

'Now ... we have to greet an important family', I mumble, taking Theodore by his arm.

'Rosalia!', my father says more excited, hiding the anger he still feels for me, once I arrive at the front. The woman with the long dress turns around and it's not until than I realise that a younger girl has followed her inside.

With both their long, dark brown hair over their shoulders they take a look of me. That hair. It was exactly the same as in the vision, I notice. I look up again, realising how rude I am, and bow.

'Rosalia, this are Queen Emersyn Alvarado and her daughter Francesca Alvarado', my father announces the women in front of me.

'It's a pleasure to meet you', I say and they both give me a vague smile, not at all sincere. It was true what they said about the outer of most citizens from Syrilia, they have a pale skin, almost white and dark hair. Although you have the exception like Jade, who has blond hair but still a very pale skin.

My father and Queen Emersyn keep babbling when Francesca and I stand next to each other, not saying a word. Theodore stays on my other side as the gentlemen he is, until we arrive at my sister and Ezra. A smile appears on Emersyn's face once she takes a look at Ezra and hands him over an envelope.

'Ezra! How glad I am to see my nephew', Emersyn sighs, leaving us all stunned.

'Nephew?' Valentina asks confused. It seems like the only one who knew about this was my father, who didn't move a little bit. Ezra looks nothing like the Alvarado's.

'You are a prince?' I ask louder than I was planning on. Ezra looks over to me, another one of his smirks appearing.

'Of course I am, your highness', he mocks me again, leaving me stunned this time.