༒ Seventy ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

The interview took place in the sitting area as usual. Antonio had almost forced me to speak up about the things I had done. He thought the citizens would like me even more, but I couldn't care less about that.

The only reason I did this was to please my father who had urged that I should do another interview, especially now that there was coming another war. The citizens shouldn't have any suspicion about a tense atmosphere. The plans to guarantee them safety where still in working, and luckily, Parisha had offered to send a sorcerer from their Kingdom to ours.

My old friend, Iris, had written me a letter in which she had told me that her family would support mine. I couldn't be more grateful. The Royalty of Tugoa on the other hand didn't respond, according to Sir Woods they were holding back, afraid that their own Kingdom would get attacked. I could understand that.

I take a seat in the chair in front of Antonio, at least four cameras pointed at me, all rolling. The last time I had done an interview I hadn't been in trouble, everything I said now would matter in some way. It only made me more nervous.

'Princess Rosalia', Antonio starts and I fake the best smile I can, hiding my nerves. 'The Selection has been going on for almost seven months right now, how do you feel about that?'

'I believe my sister needs to take the time she thinks is necessary to choose the right person', I answer calm, expecting him to ask questions like this.

'We interviewed your brother also. Is it right to say that you both don't see princess Valentina that much?' Antonio raises an eyebrow and for one moment I don't know what to tell him. Had Elliott really told him that?

'My sister has a lot of responsibilities right now. I believe it is normal we don't see her that much'. I look up to the entrance when I see Ezra sneaking in, leaning against a wall while he shows a small grimace. Of course he had to be here, he wouldn't let a chance to laugh at me pass by.

'During the war, you saved Cameron Roman, didn't you?'

'Yes, I did.'

'Tell us more about that', Antonio insists. I look down and sigh, searching for the right words to explain this situation.

'I thought I needed to help the army to protect our citizens. I was stupid enough to take a dragon and flew to the village. That is where I saw Cameron laying down. A soldier bowed over him and I stabbed him', I quickly answer. Realising how harsh that sounds. Antonio on the other hand seems to find it amusing, Ezra included.

'You saved his life and endangered your own', Antonio notices.

'He is a candidate, I had to help him'. The heat raises up my skin when I think of the only reason I saved him. There had been dying so many other soldiers around us that day, and I had to safe him.

'Well, he is lucky Ethura has such a brave princess as you', he remarks which makes Ezra laugh out loud. I narrow my eyes at him, shaking my head in disbelief when Antonio catches our gazes. 'Now that we are talking about the candidates, what is your impression of them?'

Ezra lifts an eyebrow when that question is asked, reminding me of the time he had given me the Rose Garden back in order to talk nice about him. Slowly I turn my head to Antonio again who looks hopeful at my reaction.

'I've got to know them all three during these months. I would say that Theodore Sinclair is the most honest young man I have ever known. We once went painting but we figured I wasn't very good at that'. Antonio laughs, the other journalists following his example.