༒ Thirty-nine ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

'You have checked him three times now. He is fine, Rosalia', August assures me but I'm not convinced at all. There had to be something he wanted to show me, something to connect, but he didn't. 'Cameron is doing great with him', he mumbles from behind me but I try to ignore it.

At least his eyes didn't turn red anymore. I lay my hand on his head, remembering my dream where I did the exact same thing. Only this time he stayed calm, and I was almost mad for it. It was frustrating not to know what was going on, he knew more I could feel it.

'Connect with me, please', I beg, but he closes his eyes and turns around, ignoring me. Lowering my arms, I feel like a failure again.

I sit down on the side of the roof, my hand against my head when I try to think of something I'm missing, but I can't figure it out. I am missing too much pieces to solve the puzzle. I needed to steal that book, and I had to do it soon enough.

Not only Syrilia was involved, something told me that Ivory could be a reason too, if someone could find out where that stupid third island was located.

August stands behind me, staring down at my overthinking before taking a seat on my left. I could feel he wanted to say more, but he kept quiet, at least for a while.

'Tell me what is going on', he says softer than I'm used to hear from him. I look up at Uncle August, not sure where to start.

'Why do you need that Dragon to give you more visions?' He asks when I don't answer.

'Because I dreamed about one. At least I think it was a dream. The woman in my vision send the dragon to us, and I'm sure it wasn't a pleasant gift', I whisper. August looks at me questionable when I sigh, not sure how to explain what I'm thinking.

'That dragon wanted to kill us', I remind him.

'He only needed some training, you agreed on that'.

'I did, but father was right. He is a danger to us. The woman in my vision told him to 'find the enemy'. What if that is us?' I ask concerned.

'I think you only had a bad dream. Probably you are imagining things to find an answer', he remarks.

'No, it did happen, I could feel it'. August goes with one hand through his hair, not sure what to tell me. I know how this sounds, it is stupid.

'Who do you think that woman is?'

'I don't know', I lie while thinking of the Queen of Syrilia. She was the only option. But insulting a Queen, no matter how bad the island was, was never a good idea.

'Well Rosa, I think you need to rest some more. You are going mad', he says laughing a little but I couldn't laugh at all.

'You don't believe me, do you?' I'm calmer than I thought I would be, but still it hurts.

'I believe that you are amazingly talented, but try to live in reality. We aren't in war with anyone, no one has a reason to bother us', he says before standing up and taking care of the creatures again. It was fine that no one believed me, they had no idea what was going on, I could feel something was coming our way and maybe it was the Queen of Syrilia.