༒ Forty-five ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

As I expected she was in the study room, which at this point was forbidden access for me. But at least I could try to fix things, we weren't supposed to fight. She had taken care of me for the last years, and I had lied to her.

Madame Orsini barely looks up when I walk in, taking a seat at my normal desk. Apparently the strategy was to ignore me, but I could handle this.

'I have to apologize', I say clear. She keeps on writing in a notebook when I stand up behind my desk. 'I made a mistake, I shouldn't have lied, please', I beg her, finally getting her attention.

'What you did was irresponsible, Rosalia', she notices while laying her pen down.

'I realise that, I ...'

'You made assumptions without thinking and you lied', she adds again, saying all the words loud and clear for me to understand.

'I made a mistake', I say again, both my hands holding the desk in front of me. 'You have raised me as your own daughter and I can't have you being mad at me. I failed to respect you, I thought you were hiding something from me'. My voice gets louder with every word, reminding me of my father. I sit down again, looking her right in the eyes when she observes my attitude. I sigh deep, closing my eyes for a few seconds.

'I am not mad, Rosalia', she says softer this time. I open my eyes to give her a confused look.

'Next time, talk to me', she remarks.

'There won't be a next time', I assure her which only seems to please her. A soft knock on the door interrupts us and Theodore walks in a little unsure when he sees me.

'Come in, Theodore', Madame Orsini says a lot more enthusiastic than before. Theo smiles vague at me, handing Madame Orsini a bunch of papers.

'I explained the theory of magical creatures in different paragraphs, each divided into different categories', Theodore notices proud and I have no idea what he is talking about. Luckily for him, Madame Orsini does.

'Thank you', she says. 'You both can go'. I stand up and give her one last look before walking out that door, smiling shortly when I can see the familiar glance again. Relieved that everything seemed to be alright.

⇺ ⇻ ♕ ⇺ ⇻

'I haven't seen you much around lately', Theodore joins me when I walk to the main hall, wanting to spend my time outside in the fresh air.

'Sometimes a princess is indeed busy', I remark, not wanting him to have more questions. He laughs a little about that which makes me laugh too.

'I was wondering Princess Rosalia, if you have a date for the gala ball?' Theo asks after a moment of silence. I turn to him questionable, not sure if this is how things work. When he sees the confusion in my eyes he explains quickly, afraid I'm going to ignore him.

'Princess Valentina asked Ezra to the gala, which means that Cameron and I are allowed to asked another young lady', he says with a little shiver in his voice. 'Cameron asked Olivia apparently and I thought that maybe you wanted to give me the pleasure to be your escort?' He asks, his face full of hope and unsureness. My head keeps repeating the part that Cameron asked Olivia and it takes me longer than it should to answer Theo, who lost all his colour already.

'I would love for you to be my escort', I assure him, my thoughts still rambling through each other.

'Thank you, princess'. He bows for me and I take his shoulder with one hand. 'Don't ever bow for me unless there are cameras', I notice which makes him laugh again, showing his white teeth. 'I will remember that'.