༒ Sixty-three ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

It is that moment when you think you are save, when you think you have succeeded that you don't realise what is about to come. The dark soldiers disappeared only a few minutes after Cameron and I had found each other and it was true what the citizens had said. They literally disappeared, like smoke in air.

On our way back to the castle, August noticed me in the crowd, yelling like he had never done before. I couldn't bring up any emotion, I should be happy to still be alive in the first place. I was losing too much blood and one soldiers who noticed took of his belt to tighten it above my wound. Making sure I wouldn't die on my way back to the castle. August held me tight and they brought Cameron and several others to the hospital, their wounds had to be checked. Someone had stabbed Cameron in his leg.

If I would have the courage, I would run towards the hospital to make sure he is feeling good. But I had been stupid enough for one day, showing my love would be the only thing that could get him killed now.

My throat was still burning and my whole body shook on our way back. When August noticed he became his concerned self again. Once our crowd walked through the gate, cameras started filming, journalists came closer, not at all respecting us with their millions of questions. I ignored it all, trying to hide under Augusts arm. I literally had brought myself to hell. I risked my life for someone I only knew six months and still I didn't regret my choice.

It is when I lift my head to look around that a journalist notices me. Antonio's eyes widen, his mouth a little open when he sees me walking in the middle of the crowd. Completely dirty.

'Rosalia', he mumbles and the attention of other journalists is immediately focused on my direction. It didn't take a second for them to start shouting my name, trying to get through the crowd of exhausted soldiers who pushed them away again. I could almost see the next headline in the newspaper. 'Princess Rosalia is suicidal'

I hide myself when we walk through the main hall, all staff glaring at us with sympathy and a little fear in their eyes. I swallow the vomit that raises up, realising that the burning in my throat had decreased. It all seems to happen in slow motion. The journalists approaching us, different kind of people offering help when we walk in the Great Hall, every person running towards us, trying to find their loved ones. And then my father...

He turns away from my sister when he realises we walk in, his eyes tired. Completely exhausted when Valentina catches my gaze and holds my father by his arm. As if she needs to comfort him.

For one second I thought he was glad to see me, until August dragged me to the front with him. My father's gaze pure disappointing.

'Father', I whisper when I release myself from August and step forward. Cameras following my every movement.

'You should be ashamed', he hisses at me. 'Ashamed!' I startle back, tears appearing when I feel like I'm falling down. Behind him my sister and brother stand, one mad and the other proud. Jade was holding Estelle when she looked at me, a glassy look in her eyes.

It looked like everyone was holding their breath, waiting for what would happen next. We keep staring at each other, his blue eyes narrowing mine when my shoulders shake, not able to breath normally.

'I had too', I whisper. Around me everyone stood still, holding themselves onto other people.

'Your behaviour is inappropriate, Rosalia', my father turns around in a rush and walks towards the centre of the ruined Great Hall.

'What did you think? Stealing a dragon to fight a war? Only to endanger your own life!' His voice echoes and I shrink, hearing the fear in his voice.

'I didn't steal a dragon, he's mine!' I catch back. With eyes full of disbelief he points his hands at me, his head turning red.

'Look at yourself, your face is covered in blood!'

'I saved four of our own soldiers today, including one of the candidates!'

'That wasn't your duty!' My sister walks to the front before our father can say anything. I widen my eyes incredulity, raising up my shoulders when I stare at her.

'Honestly, how less do you care about their safety?' I notice. Valentina shakes her head, throwing a bandage from one of the tables right in my hands.

'You should be glad to be alive', she hisses before walking out of the hall. I stare at the bandage when everyone keeps looking at me.

'Bring your sister to the hospital', my father demands Elliott. Without any doubt he takes the bandage out of my hands, looks me right in the eyes with a soft glance and takes my hand. Together we walk out of the hall, down the stairs to the East Wing.

'Was he concerned?' I ask quietly.

'He was mad', Elliott remarks, a bitter tone in his voice. I don't say a word after that, and let him lead me to the hospital wing. Valentina was right about one thing, saving Cameron's life hadn't been my duty, but I didn't regret it. Not at all.