༒ Twenty-six ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

'They are handsome, aren't they?' Jade joined me and Elliott after diner in his bedroom, enjoying the silence of the loud day. 'I guess', I answer nonchalant.

'You were impressed, admit it Rosa!' She shouts, teasing me. I nod my head in disagreement when the green eyes of Cameron Roman appear in my mind.

'I don't want to hear this', my brother complains from behind his desk and we both laugh.

'Maybe if you are lucky and your sister has chosen a King, you can date one of the other two', she notices, laughing at me. 'I don't need a prince', I remind her. 'Besides, that would be illegal'.

'Tell me how love could possibly be illegal'. I roll my eyes at her, staring out of the window. Apparently, my sister has her first date, walking in the garden with Theodore holding her arm in his'. His curly hair blowing in the wind, making it messy. She seems happy.

'You'll have to meet them too', Jade interrupts my thoughts when she leans over my shoulder, looking at the two lovebirds. 'Do I?' I ask sarcastically.

'O, I'm sure you'll have fun'.

'Or not'. Elliott remarks, finally looking up from his book. I look confused at him and so does Jade. 'I don't like Ezra, you can never let him come near me, promise?' He says a little tense.

'Elliott, you are fourteen, he is only five years older than you. He may become our brother in law, try to be nice', I tell him.

'Maybe he isn't that bad, although, that look on his face', Jade sighs. We laugh about that for a moment until someone knocks on the door and opens it without permission. Levi walks in with hurry followed by another soldier I had never seen before.

'Finally! Since when are you hiding here?' He asks out of breath. I stand up immediately followed by Jade. 'What is going on?' I ask confused.

'The Dragons on the roof, they are going mad. August can't handle them you have to come', he says grabbing my arm. 'You tame Dragons?' Jade asks in shock.

'We all have our powers', Elliott mumbles amused when he sees the look in her eyes. Behind Levi and the other soldier, Jade and I run upstairs to the east wing in a hurry.

'You have to explain a lot', she says to me before we open the gate to the roof. August sits down on the ground, his arm wrapped in his vest.

'What happened?' I run towards him, seeing sweat drops all over his face. 'She blew fire again', he mumbles. I take the vest of his arm, showing us a huge burn.

'Bring him downstairs. Let cold water run over the wound!', I demand the soldier behind me who takes August immediately in his arms, trying to hold him right when they stumble to the gate. I walk over to the dark dragon, her eyes red again.

'Are you insane!' Jade screams from behind me. 'She can do this', Levi promises her. I put my hand in between the bars to touch the dragon. If she decides to blow fire now, I would be dead, but I have faith she wouldn't do that.

The other dragons hold still, their eyes terrified. They all feel the tension. I touch the head of the dragon in front of me, hearing Jade catch her breath. Once we are in contact, I close my eyes, focusing on the sounds around me until I see something moving behind my eye-lids.

A dark town appears in front of me. I walk through it as if I'm there. Old houses, barely liveable. Death animals in the streets, sick people everywhere. A woman in a long cape coat walks towards me, stretching her hand out in the darkness. I open my eyes in a second, stumbling backwards when I lose contact with the Dragon who loses control immediately and starts shaking his head.

'Look out!' Levi rans towards me to grab my shoulders and pushes me on the ground with him, fast enough to avoid the fire spreading out of the dragon's beak. I look up once the heat is gone, my dress dirty from the muddy ground. We lay silent for a while, Jade staring at us with tears out of fear.

'We are fine', I mumble when I get up and stumble over to her, seeing two stranger standing near the gate over her shoulder. I look at them in disbelief and Jade turns around too.

'This is a restricted area', Levi walks over to both of them, still out of breath.

'I'm sure we won't be bored here after what I saw', Ezra smirks filthy at Levi and grabs Cameron by his shoulders before they leave. Elliott was right about Ezra, that boy is getting us in trouble.