༒ Seventy-seven ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

'Wake up little princess', a woman's voice whispers in my ear.

I open my eyes in confusion. But all I can see is a dark cloak in front of my window. The cold wind from outside approaches me when I sit up, panic overtaking all my feelings. My body shakes when I try to answer her, but all I can do is stare at the shadow. She was coming for me, I could feel it.

'Why?' I ask confused when she climbs out of the window, her legs hanging over the side.

'Come with me'. After that, she jumps out of the window and I run out of my bed to look at her. She was nowhere to be seen, the garden beneath me being empty in the dark.

'Silly girl', she hisses from behind me when a hand before my mouth keeps me from screaming. Everything turns black for a moment and when I am finally able to open my eyes again, I'm locked in a dungeon.

The soft light shines through a tiny opening between the bricks and when I look through it, all I can see is the damaged village of Ivory. My hands shake when I hold myself against the wall, seeing the dark clothed soldiers gathering around death people. I tear runs down my face when I fall backwards on the ground, barely feeling my body.

Behind me a sob catches my attention and I look confused over my shoulder, seeing nothing but darkness.

'Is someone there?' My voice shakes eagerly when I find the courage to stand up again. Another sob sounds from in the corner and when I walk closer a vague figure in a long blue dress gets my attention. Her hair messy, an rag in her mouth, her hands tight together. A woman blindfolded. I kneel down in front of her, doubting every movement when I take the blindfold and loosen it. Queen Emersyn's head appears from beneath it, her eyes completely red. Panic all over her face.

'You', I whisper but she shakes her head immediately. I take the rag out of her mouth, her teeth clenched in it. It takes her a while to catch her breath properly, the sobbing only getting worse when she tries to untighten her hands. I hold my hand on hers forcing her to look at me.

'It wasn't me', she hisses scared. 'She took me!' Her voice gets louder and once I hear a door open the dungeon gets filled with more light. 'Rosalia it is a vision', Emersyn warns me before the cloaked woman enters the room, staring at both of us. An evil laugh appearing from under the cloak. My mind stops thinking for a moment when I can't remember how I came here, my thoughts drifting away every second.

'A vision', Emersyn whispers again. I look at her and realise we are both trapped in our minds.

'She owns our minds', I notice when I look at the cloak that doesn't move anymore. Emersyn nods, another tear running down her face. I had never thought a Queen could feel this powerless, we were both in the same position and I accused her of being this horrible person.

'I'm sorry', I whisper before I lean against the wall. Trying to remember how I got away last time. The woman under the cloak laughs loud at that, kneeling down before us.

'Who are you?' I dare to speak up. Queen Emersyn closes her eyes in despair when I start talking, too afraid to speak up herself.

'I own you both', the woman hisses, followed by another loud laugh. 'You'll both find your end soon enough'. I stare in front of me, not feeling my legs anymore.

'There comes another war', I remark.

'Of course dear. Don't bother, you won't have to wait long. You see, pain is something horrible but I promise you, you won't feel it long'. The door closes behind us in a second, the sound echoing around the abandoned castle. Emersyn shakes harder with every second that passes by.

'Why the test?' I try again.

'That is more fun, isn't it?' The woman stands up, opens the door again and walks out of the room.

'Don't leave me here!' I yell loud.

'Rosalia, you have to tell your father about this. Don't trust anyone', Emersyn finally speaks up. I look confused at her, her blue eyes narrowing mine.

'Why?' I ask confused but before she can answer the darkness appears in front of my eyes again, leaving me all alone in a world that doesn't exist.

'Wake up, child!' Madame Orsini bows over me, her eyes worried when I sit straight up in a second, my whole body shaking.

'Get her some water!' She yells to Jade who looks even more terrified at me. It takes her a few seconds to leave, tears rolling down her face when Estelle follows her shocked. The few candles in my room give enough light to see the other persons standing. My sister looks concerned, her arms around Elliott whose face is totally blank. Even August sat at the side of my bed, he was back from his guarding.

'The Shadow Woman', I murmur looking at the open window. 'She was here!' I yell when I try to get out of bed but Madame Orsini holds me tight, not wanting me to move.

'Valentina inform your father, please', she demands her. Val disappears quickly, leaving Elliott stunned.

'No listen! She was here and she took me to Ivory again. Queen Emersyn was there also, we had the same vision, please ...' I beg her but she keeps holding me against my pillow.

'You are in danger', August mumbles when I'm done yelling. I look over at him, tears in my eyes when I feel like I need to vomit.

'Do you have to remind her? For God's sake!', Madame Orsini curses. 'You have to tell your father every detail, Rosalia. Please stay in bed', she adds. I nod a little when August takes a pillow and sits down in a chair, watching over me when the rest of them leave to inform the others.

'You don't have to stay awake, you have done enough already', I mumble. He looks at me, fear in his eyes like I had never seen before.

'I am here to protect you Rosa. You are like a child I never had', he whispers before resting his head against the pillow.