༒ Fifty ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

Some things didn't make sense, and I figured that the more people told me, the less I understood what was going on. The moment I confronted Queen Emersyn in the corridor, she told me I had seen the Shadow Woman in my visions, as if I was supposed to know who that was. For as far as I knew, it could be a cover up for her. I didn't even want to think of that option.

The main problem was that she was likely to start a war. I had read an interview where she told that she was deeply offended, and she wouldn't stop here.

I sigh when I walk up the stairs to the roof, not able to catch my breath properly. I had been exhausted for days. As if in that moment, when I found all my power at once, I ruined myself by not screaming. Every little bit of force went out of my body. The fact that I didn't eat, may be another reason.

The gate to the roof stands a little open, telling me that I won't be the only person on the roof. I wasn't looking forward to face anyone, but I couldn't disappear again. I still was princess Rosalia Martinez, even though I hated that title, I couldn't change it.

I slowly walk around the corner, small drops of rain falling down when I try to get a glance of what was going on. August was feeding the dragons as usual, but the cage of my dragon was empty, it would never be filled with the right dragon again. I walk a little closer, not trying to get his attention immediately, but fail when I walk over a creaking cloth laying down against the wall.

August turns to me instantly, trying to bring up a smile. But I turn away, not able to look him in the eyes. I had disappointed everyone who had ever trusted me. I had no idea how I could fix this.

Looking down at the cloth under my feet, I recognize the form of what is under it and step back in a second. Feeling sick I hold a hand before my mouth trying not to throw up again.

Uncle August stands next to me, laying his hand on my shoulder. But even that touch seems too heavy for me to carry and I sink down on my knees again, not being able to control the tears that run out of my eyes.

'They'll burry him tomorrow', he whispers a little tense. All I can do is nod at him, focusing my eyes on the dark cloth. 'It is not your fault, Rosalia', he adds.

'What if it is?' I mumble and I feel like something is stuck in my throat, making me couch loud. August pats my back gently until I regain control of my breathing.

'Other people thought the Queen was behaving strange too. When they heard the whole story, some of them understood you', he whispers. I look up at him over my shoulder, seeing the dark sky behind him turn to a light purple when lightning bolts appear again. Even the weather shows me that something is coming.

'What exactly is the whole story?'

'Your father told the journalists that you had found a book that claimed that Ivory was an existing place, although no one seems to believe that. He also explained that the dragon showed you visions about a woman with bad intentions and that she looked a lot like Queen Emersyn', he explains calmly but I can't feel anything but madness.

'That is what he told? I thought he would keep this out of the media?' I ask desperate but August shakes his head.

'He thought that maybe this was a way to explain what has happened'.

'There is no way to explain what has happened', I notice, my eyes narrowing his. 'I make horrible mistakes and now our Kingdom and our citizens are in danger. Do you even understand what will happen if a war breaks out because of me?' I yell, immediately regretting it when I feel my heart beat against my chest. I sink down a little, trying to ease the pain. 'What is happening to my body?' I ask confused, heat raising up again.

'Have you talked to your father yet?' August asks out of nowhere.

'What does that have to do with ...' I start but he keeps me quiet in a second.

'We found out you may have another kind of magic in your genes', he says quick. All I can do is open my mouth, not understanding what I should answer to that.

'Your mother had it also. Look, Rosalia I'm not supposed to tell you this but it seems like your father isn't going to either', he goes through his hair with one hand, not sure where to start. 'Your mother had this power too. It's a sort of scream that takes over your emotions', he whispers. I think back at the moment when I first sat next to my dead dragon, the need I had to scream back then. It wasn't controllable, I had to do it. But August stopped me.

'Why did you stop me that night?' I ask confused, seeing by the look on his face that he understands.

'Your eyes were turning red', he whispers.

'Red?'

'That happens when you keep your emotions to yourself and you need to let them out at some point. Then your scream becomes that powerful that it ...' He stops himself, shaking his head in confusion.

'That it?' I ask desperate.

'I can't tell you, Rosalia. Please, don't force me'. I look back at the cloth, not having the force to discuss this with him.

The night my mother had died during the war, she screamed on the battle field, only I thought that it had been an illusion. In some way it did make sense now that I was the only one who had heard it. Maybe this power had connected our minds at some point. I was too tired to find out.