༒ Forty-three ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

Once we walk in my father's office, he looks up in excitement, but that expression changes fast when he sees Madame Orsini walk in behind us, still not pleased about what has happened.

'Rosalia?' He asks, hesitating a little. I sigh deep before I can say a word. It seems that coming up with the fundraiser idea made him at least a little proud, and I had ruined that again for a stupid book that apparently I was allowed to read. But that still didn't make sense, otherwise she wouldn't have pulled it out of my hands.

'I made a mistake', I admit, trying to sound as sincere as possible. My father sighs, taking his small glasses of before completely focusing on us. Sir Woods sits in the corner of the office, working on some papers. He keeps staring at me, waiting for an explanation when Madame Orsini walks to the front, interrupting the silence.

'Princess Rosalia used magic to unlock the door to the study room, to steal a book she also could've asked permission for. Not only made she a whole plan and involved my niece but also another of my maids who should be helping by the organization for the gala', she explains quickly. My father's head turns to me again and I look down at my feet.

'Why would you do that?' He asks serious again. I look up, surprised he gives me a chance to explain things.

'When the study room was build I found a book and when I opened it I read about an island named Ivory', I say quiet. My father shakes his head immediately, not wanting to listen but I had to take my chance.

'When I mentioned it to Madame Orsini she pulled it out of my hands as if it was something dark', I say desperate. 'I only wanted to know the truth'.

'Ivory is indeed dark, Rosalia. And thank our founders that it's only a myth!', my father stands up, angrier than before.

'What if it isn't a myth?' I try again and get a dark look from him.

'You are a princess, Rosalia, either way you want it or not. You have obligations! Everything is going alright, the Selection is a success, your sister is happy, we even get a new chance to meet the other Royalty and now you want to ruin all of that only for an island that isn't real?' He raises his voice with every word, showing me how mad he actually is.

'I'm sorry, father'. I lower my head when he walks over to his door to open it.

'You two can go and never listen to my daughter again', he obligates Jade and Estelle who walk out quickly, followed by Madame Orsini. Yet, I still had brought two people down with me. I couldn't feel more bad about this. Once my father takes his seat back he seems to calm his nerves a little, allowing me to sit in front of him.

'Everything is going alright, Rosalia. Why is it always you who has to do this?' His tired eyes try to fathom me, trying to make sense out of my behaviour.

'Not everything is alright father. The vision that dragon showed me was something that had happened, and maybe it is connected to Ivory or another Kingdom ....' I try to explain but he only laughs at me. I stand up, holding up my arms a little desperate.

'This is the problem. You don't take me serious. I feel something is wrong', I say before opening the door and leave his office. I realised after our conversation that maybe he didn't have a reason to take me serious. I was always doing the wrong things.

⇺ ⇻ ♕ ⇺ ⇻

Because the cameras wouldn't be present at dinner that night, I decided to avoid it and told August that I didn't feel good. I know, again another lie but now that we were starting, why not finish it?

I walk into my room after a long bath, my hair rapped in a towel when I look at myself in the mirror, my eyes still red from the crying, and see something laying on my bed.

I turn around in a rush, not sure what to think of that when I walk closer and see the mysterious object. The greyish book lays under a small letter from Jade, if I had to believe the handwriting. Quickly I sit down, ignoring the mixed feelings I have about this.

I heard you aren't joining dinner so I asked Estelle to deliver this at your room. If you read this note, she couldn't find you. After auntie took us out of the office she handed me this book and told me to give it to you. She said nothing important is mentioned in it. Auntie isn't mad, Rosa, she feels betrayed. Don't worry she'll turn around. I see you tomorrow, Love Jade.

I lay down the note, holding the book on my lap when I rub over the cover, my thoughts fading away to the first time I saw it. I didn't feel like sleeping was much of an option and decided that browsing through it might ease my mind.

I knew something about Ivory was in here, despite what my father or anyone else thinks. I'm sure the little information in here can help us. It has too.