༒ Fifty-three ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

'Why isn't he here? He should take care of his daughter'. The first thing I hear when I wake up again is August's voice going mad against a nurse. I couldn't open my eyes yet.

'He is in a meeting, sir Magnier'.

'He should be here!' He yells.

'Sir August please, you are waking her', Jade whisper. When I realise I can feel my fingers again I start to move them slowly, everything step by step until I am able to open my eyes. Jade sits next to my hospital bed, August stands against the wall with his head in his hands and in the corner with a book, my brother looks concerned. I smile at him first and get a soft smile back from him when Jade realises I'm awake.

'God, you are awake!' She says relieved. I glance at her and see August relaxing a little again. I look around at the small room I'm in, only a bed and a few chairs.

'Is this a new part of our hospital?' I ask confused.

'They rebuild it after your mother died. They wanted a separate part for the Royal family. We are still in the East Wing', Jade explains. All I can do is nod, not feeling strong enough. Another nurse walks in, immediately going to August who was still leaning against the wall.

'Sir, the King has two meetings and then he'll be here', she whispers. Immediately I feel a stab in my stomach, my father couldn't take his time of to visit me. Jade takes my hand in hers when I sink down in my pillow again.

'What about Valentina?', I ask soft.

'She is horseback riding with the candidates. They needed to film something for the news', Jade explains, the aversion in her voice audible.

'If it might cheer you up', Elliot says while taking a seat on the end of my bed. 'Cameron almost denied going with them. He wanted to make sure you were good', he says, smiling proud.

'What?' I ask concerned, looking over at August.

'Don't worry, he didn't do it in front of your sister, he actually came to ask me', August laughs a little and I roll my eyes which wasn't a good idea. Dizziness comes up again for a few seconds, but fades quickly.

'What happened?' I ask to chance the subject. Jade doesn't miss it and smiles at our hands, trying to hide her excitement.

'We were walking back from the dragon when you fainted', August says.

'I fainted?'

'Yes, and it was kind of frightening. For one second I thought we might lose you', he answers. I stare in front of me, remembering what the Shadow Woman had told me.

'You won't be alive for long' Her voice keeps repeating that same sentence in my head when I remember everything I had seen.

'Jade, could you take Elliott to the gardens?' I ask out of nowhere, desperate to tell August what I had seen.

'Are you sure?' she asks, looking from me to Elliott who looks questionable. I nod again and they both stand up to leave me behind with one last look.

'Have you ever seen the sign of Ivory?' I focus on August who still stands in the same position.

'Of course not, that place is unknown for most people alive', he answers, taking a seat at the chair Jade sat on before.

'I saw it in a book, and when I fainted yesterday evening, I dreamed about it. Although I'm not sure if it was a dream', I explain. Luckily, he listens as carefully as I thought he would, taking in every word.

'You mean a vision?'

'Yes. I was in this dark street and first I thought it was Syrilia. But once the woman brought me around a corner I saw a castle like I had never seen before. Everything was so beautiful and out of nowhere it turned dark and damaged again', I almost whisper.

'The woman brought me into the castle and in the main hall there was a sculpture of the Symbol of Ivory'. August leans back in his seat, encouraging me to go on.

'After a while she took her wand and a glass coffin appeared from the ceiling, a woman lay in it with on her chest a sword with green diamonds'.

'A Royal Sword?'

'That is what the woman said. Apparently there are three swords to make you the most powerful person in the universe, not two as everyone believes'. It seems like August needs to let the information sink in for a moment when I wait for his answer. If he would tell me I had gone mad I would be lost. No one else would believe me if he didn't.

'I have heard about the Shadow Woman, Rosalia. I don't want to scare you but the legends tell that once she has visited you in a vision or dream, she is after you', he whispers a little.

'She told me I wouldn't be alive for long', I almost cry out. His eyes widen when he stands up and walks towards the door. Standing with his back to me he seems to doubt if he should open it.

'Your father has to know this. You are in danger', he says before walking out, leaving me alone in this empty room.

'August, wait!' I yell desperate to get up. 'He won't believe you!' I yell again. But it doesn't matter. He was already gone.