༒ Forty-seven ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

I walk backwards, searching for Theo's arm.

'Excuse me', I say before turning around and leave them alone. Ezra is a prince. Still, it seems like my father was the only one who knew. Even my sister seemed stunned.

In the crowd of people I search for Jade, but all I can see are strangers. People laughing together, others having formal conversations, making clear the difference between the Royalty and our staff. But my best friend was no were to be seen.

'Did you know?' I ask Theo when I find a quiet place in the corner, his eyes wide open when he looks at me.

'I didn't. I promise', he assures me while getting a little uncomfortable. I look around again, ignoring the camera men who seem to enjoy us when I see Cameron and Olivia dancing together on the piano music. Her hands around his neck, his hands around her waist. Both smiling at each other. I sigh deep and shake my head, trying to focus on whatever had happened.

'No one seemed to know', Theo says unsure when we look over at Ezra who talks openly with Emersyn and my father.

'How is it possible that no one knows he is a prince?' I ask more to myself.

'Maybe they held him in the shadows, they do that a lot', Theo remarks but it doesn't help me.

'Jade!' I say loud when I get a glance of her blond hair. She turns to me immediately, seeing the panic on my face.

'What happened? Have you met the Queen already?' She asks when she gets closer, followed by Levi.

'I met her. Come with me', I whisper and drag her along to a less crowded place in front of the windows.

'What is going on?' She asks concerned, holding her arms before her stomach.

'Did you know that Ezra is family of her?' I feel tense, not understanding how this could've been a secret.

'Ezra? No, how is he related to Queen Emersyn?'

'He is her nephew, he is a prince! Jade, honestly I don't know what to do', I sigh feeling panic raising up again. She looks around concerned at the direction of her formal Queen, putting a lock behind her ear.

'Maybe you don't have to do anything', she says calm. 'I mean, you can't change the fact that he is a prince. If people find out, and I'm sure they will after tonight, they are going to support him even more'.

'That is exactly what I'm afraid of', I whisper. After that, Levi and Theodore join us again and we all walk on the dance floor, knowing that my father would give a speech anytime. Cameron and Olivia join us too after a while, the two of us standing next to each other uncomfortable. Valentina still sits on her throne, this time without company, only my father.

I look around confused, not seeing the Royalty of Syrilia anymore. Cameron catches my gaze, looking confused when I try to look over other people.

'Are you feeling good, Rosa?' he whispers a little.

'They are gone', I notice. Jade bows to me immediately, ignoring the fact that Theodore stands in the way.

'She walked out through that hallway', she whispers, pointing towards the entrance closest to Val's throne. I look over at the entrance, not able to see anyone of them, only Ezra who still enjoys himself and the attention.

'Come with me now', August's voice hisses from behind me. Cameron and I both turn around a little startled, but he wasn't talking to me. After giving me a look, Cameron follows August without doubting and I follow them too for a second.