༒ Eighty-four ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

I sit down against a wall in the dungeons while the upcoming screaming appears in my head again. It was like I had flashbacks of eight years ago, hearing my mother scream when she died. Only right now the screaming kept going on but still I was the only one who could hear it.

I was trapped here while my loved ones were fighting on the field. I was an even big coward as Ezra Carter who had laid his head against the wall, trying to ignore the battles that were going on above us. They were still in the castle, I couldn't go upstairs if they were still inside.

We sat here for at least an hour now, and finally Olivia's cut had stopped bleeding. She was barely conscious. My nerves were higher than ever and if I had to believe Jade my eyes were bright red. I tried to stay strong for Audrey who had been praying for the life of her brother and parents.

We all prayed for someone, but most of all for Valentina who went missing. My sister had ran away instead of hiding and the reason why was one big mystery for me.

'You are letting your loved once save your life. How selfish'. A woman's voice whispers in my ear. I look around me, seeing if anyone else had heard it but it seemed that everyone was as lifeless as I felt.

'Bringing Cameron in danger, even your sister. I thought you wanted to fight', another whisper flies by. I start shaking again, my anger raising up when I realise how weak I am. 'We only want your voice, Rosalia'.

Jade looks concerned at me when I stand up in a rush. Getting everyone's attention in only a second. The screaming in my head gets louder when I walk towards the stairs, not able to hold myself. I had to do something. My soldiers were dying out there and it was my responsibility.

'Rosa?' Jade asks concerned when I run up the stairs.

'What are you doing?' Ezra yells from behind me, following me up the stairs. I hear others yell my name, but I'm already upstairs holding my hands against the protected wall. The screaming keeps following me when the wall shoves aside, showing me an abandoned castle. Dead people laying on the floors. I step back in a second, vomit raising up my throat before I spit it out. The whole castle smells like blood.

'Come back! Have you completely lost your mind?' Ezra follows me until he sees the madness this war has caused.

'Get back and take care of Audrey,' I hiss at him. When he doesn't answer I turn around, his gaze more concerned than I have ever seen. 'I promised Cameron she would be safe,' I add.

'You also promised him to stay safe yourself,' he whispers.

'I will be.' I point my hand at the wall and it closes in front of him, hiding the secret tunnel.
Doubtfully I walk through the corridors. There was blood all over the walls, shattered windows and broken paintings everywhere. Death soldiers lay over the floor, both dark soldiers and ours.

I fight the tears in my eyes, take a sword from one of them before I walk further, trying to ignore the smell in my nose. Flashbacks of the last war appear before my eyes, the castle had been like this. I was eight back then when I saw how much a war could cause. I thought I would never see something like that again.

I walk further to the main hall, the statue in the centre in thousands of pieces on the ground, water of the fountain draining the floor. My mother's painting laid in the water, her perfect dress fading out when another sharp scream sounds in my head. I hold both my hands against my ears in a rush, letting the sword fall down when I kneel in the water. My dress completely ruined.

'Fight!' A voice demands me. This time it wasn't the Shadow Woman, I recognized this voice out of memories. I stare at the painting of my mother again, knowing she was trying to protect us when I take the sword again and stumble to the gate.

Outside a path of death soldiers lays on our entrance, blood dripping down the stairs. My Rose Garden had caught fire, just like many others. The smoke burning in my throat again. It seemed to make me stronger for a moment, the burning made me feel powerful. I could feel my eyes turn red, I could see the soldiers fighting for their lives in our front yard.

They hadn't even loosened the dragons to help us. They hadn't had the time. I grab my sword tighter and run towards the crowd of soldiers. When I approach them, I stab a dark soldier in the back before he could attack another one. I had never felt this kind of anger, nor this kind of burning in my body. I knew it was now or never.

Another dark soldier runs towards me when I duck and stab him in the leg, moving more and more to the centre of the battle with every second. I couldn't find my father, I couldn't see my sister. I was in alone in a war, again.

One of our soldiers pushes me aside before a dark soldiers stabs him in the chest, leaving me stunned for a moment. Seeing the light fade in his eyes I walk backwards, desperate to find my family.

I start running like I have never done before, the blood all over my dress when a sharp pain cuts me in the leg. I scream, but not loud enough, when I fall down in the mud. Behind me two dark soldiers bow over me, holding their swords until a horse runs towards both of them. Trampling over their bodies until they don't move anymore.

Tears run down my eyes when I see the horse run away again, not able to stand up on my leg I crawl further, hoping I could catch my sword in time. It is that moment when you feel powerless you lose hope. I look up, trying to take my sword when I see a soldier laying down, his bright blueish eyes staring at the sky. Not breathing anymore. I start shaking again, panic raising all over me when I scream again from pain and crawl further.

'Levi ...' I mumble, grabbing his shoulders.

'No ... no Levi', I shake his body, not catching my breath anymore. Only sobbing coming out of my throat when I lay my head on his chest. Crying like I had never done before.

'Don't ... don't leave me. You can't!' I try to yell but it was already too late. He had given his life for mine. 'Jade needs you,' I whisper.

Out of nowhere two pair of hands grab my arms, and force me to stand up. Leaving Levi's body alone when they drag me further. Both the dark soldiers trying to kidnap me. A blur of images pass my sight when I see my father in the distance. Falling down on his knees, his whole body shaking. In front of him a red haired girl lays in the mud, not moving anymore.

I try to fight myself out of the grip from the dark soldiers when I think I see my mother. Thinking I'm seeing the past happening again.

My father holds the death woman in his arms, screaming loud and all I can see is my mother's face covered in blood. I fight harder, not wanting to believe my eyes when a soldiers loosens me and I sink down on the ground. Clenching my hands in the mud when my breathing hardens.

A dark soldier walks over to my father when the other two try to grab me again. When he holds his knife above my father's back I see the face of my mother changing until I realise who is truly holding. I start shaking like I had never done before, screaming as loud as I can in pain.

I screamed. Not realising the force of it. Another loved one had died and I was the reason. My sister was death.

The soldiers around me fall down one by one, when around my father a green field appears protecting him from my voice. Every soldier nearby me I had killed, including some of ours. I stare at the empty space around us when the last echo of my scream disappears. After that I fall down, seeing the other dark soldiers disappear in smoke. Staring at Levi's body in the distance, my gaze turning black. We had lost.