༒ Eighty-one ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

It was only two nights before the announcement of our future King when Cameron asked me to meet him in the library again. This time he hadn't put candles everywhere which was a relieve. Some people may know about our meetings but the whole situation had to be a gigantic secret.

Cameron and I weren't together, but I did love him. It was only hard to believe that one day we actually would be together. He had his life and I had mine, only mine didn't feel complete without him.

'Valentina has a suspicion about us', I whisper when he holds his arms tight around me, pressing me with my back against his chest while we sit against a bookshelf, staring out of the window. I look up at him, his eyes a little tense after my confession.

'She doesn't mind', I add. We don't say anything for a moment, only sitting here in the silence, looking at the moon on the other side of the window. His head rested against mine while our breathing became equal. It was the safest place to be, between his arms in the dark. I couldn't wish for more. It seemed that my fears disappeared once I was with him, he lit up my whole life.

'Audrey had a good time. She and Elliott are friends now', Cameron whispers in my ear, giving me goosebumps all over my body.

'She is a lovely person. She loves you', I answer calm when he smiles at me before kissing my forehead.

'I'm afraid, Cameron'. His arms tighten around me even harder, trying to get a better look of me when he tilts his head softly.

'You are afraid?' He almost asks sarcastic.

'They are after me. If they attack us again it is only because of my voice'. I feel desperate and he clearly notices when he turns me a little, urging me to look at him.

'Rosalia, we all will protect you'.

'You shouldn't give your lives for me', I insist. He smiles vague, when all I can feel is despair.

'It would be an honour to fight for you', he whispers.

'It shouldn't be that way'.

'You are not going to fight once they attack again, are you?' Cameron's gaze tightens a little when he sees how desperate I am.

'I have too', I say carefully. He shakes his head slowly, trying to make sense out of my ideas.

'You owe us nothing'.

'I always bring everyone in danger, Cam. I can't live like that. If they are not going to stop until they get me than ...'

'Than nothing', he takes my head with one hand, forcing me to look back at him.

'You are not dying, Rosalia. Not under my watch', his voice cracks a little. I could see the fear in his eyes too.

I lay against his chest, staring at the rows of books in the room while I am gathering my thoughts. We shouldn't fight about this, and I'm sure he felt the same way. All we wanted was to get alive out of this situation. But maybe it was true what they said: once the Shadow Woman shows herself to a person, that person will die. That is why no one knows who she is.

'You realise that if you want to be with me, you'll become a prince someday', I notice, not caring much about what we were talking. We should look at a future, and maybe one together. 'Then you'll still be royalty', I add, looking at him.

'Can a prince fight in the army?' He asks jokingly. I nod in agreement and we smile at each other for a moment, imagining that possible future.

'Then I would love to be your prince charming', he whispers.