༒ Fifty-two ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

'Come with me', a voice whispers in my head.

I feel aware of everything around me. Cameron's arms holding me when he runs down the stairs, August screaming for help. And myself, unable to move or talk. All I can hear clearly is the female voice in my head, trying to drag me along with her.

'I'll show you'.

The darkness before my eyes disappears, just like any other feeling of existence when the woman shows herself again, or at least her cloak. I'm sitting down in the mud of a dark street, the cold all around me when she starts walking in the opposite direction.

Doubtfully I stand up and follow her slowly to make sure I have enough time to run if I have to. We were all alone. The streets abandoned, except for the few death animals that lay down in the gutters. The smell being unbearable.

Without saying anything the woman disappears behind the corner of a street, behind a large building that looks like a factory. I stand still for a moment, not remembering how I came here before I turn the corner carefully, only to see the most beautiful place I have ever seen.

Behind the corner, the sun shines bright above the small river that lays in front of me. The woman crosses the bridge with her graceful movements. Suddenly, I couldn't but follow her. The warmth touches my skin when I walk over the small stone bridge, following her to another path leading to the most beautiful castle I had ever seen.

The gardens in front of the castle were decorated with all different kind of flowers, giving the space more colour. The soldiers in the distance are training for their fighting skills in silver protection. I stand still at a small stream with ducks in it until the woman calls my name in a harsh voice, giving me chills all over my body.

I turn to the direction of the sound, only to see the darkness again. Everything around me that used to have colour or warmth, had disappeared and took place for a dark and sober colour. The wind giving me goosebumps again. As if a beautiful dream had turned into a nightmare.

I look at the cloak in front of the gate, not understanding what had happened.

'Not everything can stay beautiful, Rosalia', she whispers before two dark clothed soldiers open the gate to let us through.

'What happened?' I dare to speak for the first time, looking around at the damaged castle.

'Death happened', the woman says slow. I look around at the entrance that lays full of broken stones, in the middle of it stands a fountain that has no water in it, only a lonely sculpture of a rare symbol. I walk closer to it, my eyes widening when I remember that this isn't real. I had seen this symbol in the history book.

Images of Jade and I cross my mind when I remember who I am and I startle back for a second, realising the danger I had caused.

'Take me back', I say loud. The cloaked woman turns to me in surprise, I could almost feel the person under it laugh.

'Let me out of this dream', I demand her and a high laugh echoes through the hall, the floor under me shaking.

'Honey, who says you are dreaming? I thought you had visions', she notices when she is done mocking me. I walk backwards to the gate we walked through, but it was closed. The wooden gate in front of me let no light through, no sign of an outside world.

'Let me out!' I yell.

'I thought that now you were here, you would like to look around'. I keep hitting the door hopelessly, afraid I'll never get out again.

'Let me out!' My scream echoes through the hall. I hadn't enough power to scream louder, suddenly I felt all aware about the weakness I had.

'You'll be back sooner than you think', she assures me when she takes her wand from an inner pocket and points it towards the ceiling.

'You see, our founders had three swords in their possession, you know which ones?' I shake my head doubtfully, to afraid my voice would give up if I spoke.

'They called them the Royal Swords', she answers herself when out of the ceiling a glass coffin appears, showing me the body of a woman that was death. Her body still intact. On her chest, a sword with green diamonds shone in the light that appeared from the ceiling. The woman was beautiful, her silver hair laying around her body as a true godness.

'I'm not surprised your father hasn't told you about these legends', she notices when I touch the coffin carefully.

'The myths tell us that only Syrilia and Ethura have a sword, and if you combine them you are the most powerful person in the universe. Well, to bad most people don't realise there is a third sword', she laughs about her own explanation as if this is funny at all.

'Than why would you tell me?' I ask concerned.

'Well, Rosalia. It doesn't matter if you know the truth. The thing you did was actually kind of interesting, blaming the Queen of Syrilia, when she was the only other person who got the same visions as you do now'.

'Queen Emersyn got these visions too?'

'Yes, my dear, she did. But it doesn't matter I explain this to you, we sorcerers have the ability to look in the future. You won't be alive for long'. She laughs loud, the sun breaking through the ceiling again when I stumble backwards and feel all the power leaving my body. Darkness all over again.