༒ Six ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

'I do understand him. Seeing you fight like that must bring a lot of memories of your mother'. Jade brushes my hair gently while I stare at myself in the mirror. I've never been the kind of girl that would cry over little things and I wouldn't, but there was one sentence that kept running through my head all day long.

'How can I ever trust you?' He had asked me. Maybe I was wrong, he made it clear he didn't want me to fight. Maybe after all I should have listened to him. He couldn't trust me, his own daughter.

Jade puts a blonde lock behind her ear when she loosens my braids, focused as always. 'I want him to believe in me', I whisper more to my reflection in the mirror than to my friend.

'I'm sure he does, we all know that since the Queen died he's more introverted'.

'It's like I can never make him proud, only because my dreams are different from his''. Jade loosens my last braid and sighs deep, staring in the eyes of my reflection.

'I think that King Arsenio is proud of all his children. Maybe he can't find a way to show it'.

'You haven't seen the look in his eyes when he saw me on that field'. I see the image again and get goosebumps over my whole body. 'I've never disappointed him that much', I weakly add.

'You could try and talk to him. But for now you'll have to wash your hair and go to sleep, tomorrow we have to get up early', Jade opens my closet and takes my night gown out of it.

'What is happening tomorrow?' I ask unsure. She raises her shoulders while laying it on my bed.

'My aunt told the maids that we all should be present in the Great Hall at eight. Your father has something to announce, although most of us don't know what it is. I'm sure auntie knows but she won't tell me'. Her eyes go from me to my bed as if she wants to ask why I'm still sitting on the chair.

I turn around to my jewellery table and look at the history book on it. Valentina had brought it back after our fight.

The sun was slowly going down, but there was enough light for at least an hour. 'Give me my cape coat, please'. I stand up but she doesn't move. 'Please, Jade, I promise I'll wash my hair and be present tomorrow'. She sighs and shakes her head but still hands me my coat from out of my closet.

'I'm not responsible if your father sees you', she reminds me. 'Of course you aren't', I assure her and give her a hug before I leave my room.

Nothing made sense these last days, my sister would be a Queen in a shorter period of time than we all thought and the whole castle acted as if a second war was starting.

And here I was trying to find out who I wanted to be. I ran down the stairs, carefully not to be seen by any important persons I snook out of the castle. I needed some fresh air.