༒ Twenty-one ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

That night my mind didn't want me to sleep. Images of the last few weeks keep playing before my eyes. The Separation Bridge to Syrilia, Valentina's angry face while she's screaming at me, the dragon who blew fire out of nowhere .... Something was coming, I could feel it.

The wind blows past the walls of the castle and I'm not sure if I'm awake or not. My body feels incredibly warm as if I'm on fire when I hear a voice talking to me, making me feel like I'm not alone.

'You can't go upstairs', a guard whispers in my ear when in the background I hear a loud upcoming voice.

'I have too', the sound of my voice when I was younger answers. I start tossing in my bed, not being able to stop the heat. The sound in the background getting louder as if someone's screaming. Screaming for help.

'Mom', I whisper with tears in my eyes. The noise gets louder and more real with every second until I sit straight in my bed, finally being able to open my eyes. Sweat dropping of my forehead. It takes me a few moments to catch my breath, and realise how cold my bedroom actually is.

'That scream', I murmur when I look to my right and see that one of my windows stands open. The curtains blowing in the wind. I stare at them for a moment, not understanding how this could have happened. I never open that window. I stand up slowly, walk towards the window and close it with a lot of effort. Everything silent again. This wasn't the first time something like this happened, it used to happen a lot.

I wipe the sweat of my forehead and crawl back in bed, trying to sleep again. But how could I sleep when it felt like someone was after me? Trying to catch me for a reason I wasn't aware of.