༒ Twenty-seven༒

⇺ ⇻ ♕ ⇺ ⇻

'A dragon spat fire at you?' My father asks in disbelief when we gather in his office. Of course Ezra had to tell his new King about the events that were going on, he wanted to be loyal. Jerk. August sits in a corner, his burn rapped in a bandage.

'It was an accident', I tell him again. Levi and Jade stand behind me, while Ezra and Cameron stand in front of the long bookshelf. Ezra clearly pleased about his action, Cameron staring at the ground.

'He could have killed you!' My father raises his voice at me.

'But I'm not, Levi saved me once I lost contact with ...'

'Contact?' He turns around in a rush.

'He was showing me things', I say softer, realising I never had told my father before. He sighs deep, thinking of what we could possibly do about this situation. I glance at Ezra who raises his eyebrows at me in pride. It's like he came here to annoy me, not to become a King. His character matches perfectly with Val's.

'We have to kill that dragon', my father says after a while of walking back and forth between his desk and window.

'No!' I disagree. August stands up too, still a little drowsy of his wound. 'We only have that dragon two months, Arsenio', he defends me.

'I won't let him kill anyone in this castle, he is a danger!' my father hisses at us. Cameron looks up, the glance on his face telling me he rather would not be here.

'She didn't have a proper education in how to behave. Give me a chance to teach her', I beg him. 'You have other priorities, Rosalia!'

'Please, father'. He shakes his head, not giving in this time.

'I can do it', an unfamiliar voice says. I turn my head to Cameron who stands strong right now, more sure of himself. 'What?' I ask confused.

'I can teach the dragon. As a candidate I am allowed to join the army which I was planning on. In my free time I can learn the dragon to take control', he explains, his voice sounding very wise. My father stares at him for a while, actually everyone does, shocked by his loyalty. I'm sure Ezra wouldn't have come up with this.

When my father starts shaking his head again I take a step in Cameron's direction, interrupting the silence. Trying not to focus on those eyes.

'Do you have experience with dragons?'

'My father and I used to be a part of the people that sell dragons to different islands a few years ago. We had to make sure they were well-behaved and loyal', he simply answers, a twinkle in his eyes. I turn to my father, widening my eyes to make clear we have another option.

'Fine', he gives in. 'That dragon is your responsibility Roman, don't disappoint me', he warns Cameron. 'I won't, your highness', he promises.

When we are allowed to go outside after that preach, Ezra catches up with me fast, walking next to me on my way to my bedroom.

'Can I help you?' I ask confused, not turning my head to him. I could see his arrogant smirk from the corner of my eyes.

'Isn't that funny? A princess who wants to teach a dragon. What are you secretly, a sorceress?' he asks sarcastic. I stop walking abruptly, looking up at the tall boy next to me. 'Excuse me?', I say slighted. He laughs and turns around to face me. 'I didn't offend you, did I?' I stare at him in disbelief when he walks closer to me, his grey eyes twinkling out of joy.

'I wouldn't offend my princess', he adds, mocking me. 'I am so much more than a princess', I hiss and walk past him to open my bedroom door.

'Luckily your tiara isn't as big as your ego. It wouldn't fit on your head', he says before I walk in. I turn around to see the proud glance all over his face. 'You're talking to the wrong princess', I say calm before closing the door in his face.