༒ Thirty-eight ༒

⇺             ⇻ ♕ ⇺             ⇻

My skin feels cold, like ice. There is no warmth around me, only the feeling of sharp knives cutting through me. I open my eyes, staring at an abandoned street, not sure where to go. Behind me I hear footsteps in the mud, slowly hiding towards me.

'What do you want?', I ask panicked, not realising what is going on. 'Where am I?' I yell again, but no one answers and the footsteps fade away.

I squeeze my eyes when I turn around slowly, not wanting to know who was behind me. When I look over my shoulder, the only thing I can see is the dragon. My dragon in the middle of an empty street. Breathing hard. I slowly walk towards him, laying my hand on his head, feeling the warmth.

'Help me', I beg, when he closes his eyes, only to open them and show a bright red colour. I walk back immediately, afraid to get burned. A shattering laugh appears from behind me when I stumble backwards, falling down on my elbows, the dragon spitting fire into the air. I could feel his emotions, pure fear.

I turn my head to look over at the woman standing behind me. A long dark cloak, her long hair coming from under her hood. She walks past me, as if I'm not even here. Ignoring the girl on the ground, she walks towards my dragon, taking a wand out of her cloak and pointing it towards him.

'Hostem quaerit', the woman mumbles when a bright spark appears from her wand right at the dragon who bows for her.

'Search the enemy', she whispers in its ear before walking backwards, her arms spread wide open to the sky.

'Search the enemy!' She yells, another spark appearing from her wand, opening the thick fog above us, the dragon flying away in an instant. I hold my breath the entire time, not sure what to do. She is a sorceress, not just a woman.

After that, as if she can read my thoughts, the woman turns around to look at me but all I can see is a big shadow.

'You should leave it alone, Rosalia', she hisses before everything turns black and the cold wind approaches me as usual.

I sit up straight in my bed, breathing deep in and out, not even realising Elliott sits on the side, watching me. His face looks worried, as if there was something going on I had no idea of. Once I'm calmed down, he crawls over to me, leaning against my shoulder.

'Why are you here?' I try to ask casually but fail at that.

'You were screaming', he whispers. 'Very loud'. I slow down my breathing, trying to make sense of what he says. 'I dreamed', I whisper back.

'That must have been a horrible dream', Elliott notices when his voice softens, almost falling asleep. I stare in front of me, until I feel that cold again, always that horrible cold. Another gust of wind blows towards me and I look at my right side to the windows.

'Elliott? Did you open the window?' my voice asks panicked.

'No. I thought you did that. It was already open when I came in', he mumbles and falls asleep after that, leaving me completely stunned.

⇺ ⇻ ♕ ⇺ ⇻

'Those dreams are horrible', I tell Madame Orsini when we walk towards the classroom, our hands filled with books.

'And you screamed?' she asks concerned.

'Well, normally I dream about hearing a scream, but according to Elliott I was the one screaming this night', I explain, not sure who else I could trust. Madame Orsini walks further not knowing what to tell me.

'You don't know who that woman in your dreams was?' She asks once we enter the room, Theodore being the only one present. I smile vague at him, not wanting to discuss this where he is.

'I don't know. She never shows me her face but she has to be a real person. She is the woman the dragon showed me. It must be someone from Syrilia. Don't you know anyone who can fit that description?', I say softer.

'Maybe you are worrying to much', she lifts her shoulders while laying the books in the bookshelf. I stare in front of me, not understanding why I was the only one who had these kind of dreams. It's like they wanted to show me something important, and I couldn't figure it out.

Madame Orsini turns to me when the other young man enter, ready for their lesson. When I don't move she sighs a little and drags me along to the window.

'Look, I'm not sure what this is about but don't focus on it too much. They are only dreams. If you want me to I can ask our sorcerer to make a potion against nightmares?' she suggest but I wave that away.

'No, I'll be fine. Thank you for listening', I say before walking towards the door, ignoring a smirk from Ezra.

Tomorrow the candidates have an interview for the camera, and I could tell they are all nervous, especially Theodore, which is why today I am skipping class. That history book had to wait for a moment, I wanted to see my dragon.