CHAPTER 25

🌹🚬

THOMAS

I frowned when I saw no one here at the house. Where is she? I took off my leather jacket and threw it on the sofa. I did not turn on the light here in the living room and went straight to the kitchen. I saw that she had already prepared the food on the table and there's a lid. I opened it. She really cooked a lot today, huh? What's up? I searched for her. I realized that she's not around. I noticed that there is a note attached to the refrigerator. I picked it up and read it.

Thomas,

Alam kong naka-uwi ka na kapag nabasa mo 'to hehehe. Gusto ko lang sabihin na umalis ako at pumunta sa ibang bahay. May party doon. Invited ako :) Kain ka na, ha?

Mina

My forehead furrowed even more. What party? Damn it. That woman is really stubborn! I have been telling her for a long time not to leave the house if it is not essential. I folded the note and pocketed it. I quickly grabbed my car key and exited the lot. I searched for which house she's in now. I parked the car in front of a yellow duplex house. There are balloons still tied to the gate.

Balloons

I shook my head when I remembered that word. Damn that balloons.

I peeked into the house. By looking at it, I know she's inside. I went out of my car. I heard karaoke and noise inside. Of course, they're having a party. I glanced at my watch. It's already 11 PM and they're still partying? If I was just next to their house, I might have called the police and put them in jail.

I took my cellphone to text Mina. But I was stopped because she knew that I don't have her number and I don't want her to know.

"Tsk," I just pocketed my cellphone again. I walked over and knocked on the iron gate.

You're so stupid, Thomas. Do you think they can hear you?

I took a deep breath and knocked loudly. I don't care if the other neighbors will wake up. I'm Thomas Álvarez, and I know that people here, are afraid of me.

I smirked on that thought.

I knocked a few times but still, no one opened the gate.

Okay, last. If there is still no one, I will call the police–

My hand stopped in the air when someone opened the gate. An old woman opened up for me. I could clearly see that she's surprised when she saw me.

"Thoma–Hijo!" She was obviously frightened.

"M–Magandang gabi, a–anong kailangan mo?" I frowned at her question. Isn't it obvious why I'm here? Tsk.

"Is she inside?" She nodded quickly.

"Ah, oo! N–Nandito siya. T–Teka, gusto mo bang kumain? M–May handa pa kami sa loob."

Is she scared of me?

I smirked.

"K–Kung gusto mo lang naman hijo–"