CHAPTER 67

🌹🚬

THOMAS

I felt nervous when I saw several people in front of my house. I quickly got off the motorcycle I used to get there right away.

"Jusko! Dalhin na natin siya sa hospital!"

"Tumawag na po ako ng ambulansya. Parating na raw sila."

"Nasaan na ba si Thomas–Thomas!" An old woman approached me. She's crying. I looked at her. I recognized her quickly because she was the woman who invited Mina to the birthday party months ago. What's her name again?

"W–What's going on here?" I asked them. My voice was shaking and my chest was thumping so fast. No one answered me.

"What?! Answer me!" They were all just looking at me. They stepped aside.

And I was stunned by what I saw. My knees weakened as I stared at the woman lying on the ground. Lifeless. She's lying on her back and surrounded by her blood.

"No..." I felt like a statue because I couldn't move. I can't stand what I'm seeing.

This is just a nightmare, right?

She has stab wounds on her body that's why she almost bathed in her blood. My heart was shattered into pieces. I want to scream. They're an animal!

I was late! F*ck!

"Mina!" I ran to her and hugged her. For the second time in my life, my tears gushed in pain and outrage.

"Hey..." I caressed her cheek. She's pale and starting to get weak. F*ck! Why was she not immediately taken to the hospital?! What did they do?! I touched her wrist.

She still has a pulse.

"C–Can you hear me? Mina please, hang on! Don't leave me!"

My heart stirred when I saw her open her eyes.

"T – Thomas..."

"Shhh... I'm here... please fight for us. I'm begging you. I'll take you to the hospital, huh? Wait for me–" I was about to carry her but she stopped me. She raised her right hand to touch my cheek. I don't care anymore even if my whole face is covered in blood.

"S–Si... Tomi..."

"No! I don't want to hear it!" She smiled at me even though she was chasing her breath.

"Hindi mo.... na naman a–ako pinapata... pos..." I hugged her tightly.

"M–Mahal kita, T – Thomas... I'm... sorry..." I cried as she said that. I can't accept what she said. No! She can't leave me! I love her! I hugged her tightly as I sobbed and kissed her head. I could do nothing but cry. I just want to touch and not let her go.

If she's the atonement for the bad things I did, I could not accept that. I would rather pay for my sins. Throughout her life, she did nothing but cheer me up and protect me against her brother. She's a good mother to our son. She sacrificed more than I did. I can't accept that I'm holding her now and dying.

"Thomas! Stop crying! The ambulance is already here! Kung iiyak ka lang diyan hanggang mamaya then you might lose her forever! Stupid!" I was shocked to hear Ruby's voice. She's standing in front of us and looks furious.