Lan Zhan's Drunk

Wei Ying eventually found Lan Zhan. He ran into him actually. The boy rounded the corner of the library. He thought maybe Lan Zhan was still there. His mind was preoccupied with what Jiang Cheng had said, so he didn't see the white figure standing there watching him with a blank expression. He felt himself hit something hard. It was like hitting a brick wall, and he fell backwards onto his rear-end. He rubbed his now soar bottom and gazed up at what it was he ran into. It was Lan Zhan. Lan Zhan was still holding tightly to the white rabbit. Wei Ying wondered where the black one was.

Wei Ying: "Oh! Hey, Lan Zhan! Are you okay? I ran into you pretty hard there." He chuckled a bit.

Lan Zhan: "Mn. Wei Ying is hurt though."

Wei Ying could have laughed at that, but all he said was: "No, I'm perfectly fine." He hurriedly turned away as he could feel the blush creeping up his neck to his face. "A-anyway," he stuttered, changing the subject, "I hope you like the rabbits. They took forever to catch, especially the black one. He was really feisty!" He couldn't help himself with the babbling. His mind was spinning a mile a minute.

"Wei Ying." Wei Ying immediately stopped talking. "Come," Lan Zhan commanded. Wei Ying followed him down the path to a garden area. Lan Zhan opened the gate and moved inside the garden. Wei Ying froze at the entrance. He stood there, stunned by the sheer beauty of the scene before him. From what he could see at the gate, there were flowers he had never seen before. Lan Zhan noticed this and smiled a bit, the corners of his mouth moving ever so slightly upward.

"Wei Ying," he called quietly to the boy. Wei Ying broke out of his trance to find Lan Zhan smiling at him, which embarrassed him a bit. Was Lan Zhan laughing at him? The smile disappeared. "Come." He motioned with his hand and Wei Ying followed. The garden held many species of flowers including peonies. Most of them Wei Ying had never seen before. His mind wandered as he admired the beauty of it all. He hadn't noticed Lan Zhan stop walking and ran into his back. Lan Zhan glanced back at him. "We're here."

Wei Ying glanced around the tall male. In the distance was a field. It was filled with rabbits. "Wow...where'd they all come from?"

Lan Zhan: "They live here." He turned to the boy beside him. "Wei Ying will also live here." It wasn't a question, but an order. Wei Ying didn't know how to respond. His heart started beating faster as he stared into those cold, golden eyes. The blush crept back into his cheeks. Lan Zhan didn't seem to notice though. "Help care for the rabbits."

"Yes." The reply came out as a soft whisper. Lan Zhan smiled again. The light blush deepened, and Wei Ying had to turn away. Unbeknownst to Wei Ying, Lan Zhan's ears had turned a slight pink at the response. Lan Zhan really hadn't expected him to agree, so the quiet word spoken surprised him. A small rabbit hopped up to them. Lan Zhan gently picked it up and pet it. Wei Ying watched this action with awe. He reached over to pet it. The fur was very soft and smooth.

Lan Zhan: "Here," he stated, handing the rabbit to the boy. Wei Ying gingerly took the small animal from the tall male. Lan Zhan walked off into the field covered in white fur. Wei Ying watched him pick something up, turn and walk back. As the male drew closer, Wei Ying could see something black in the male's arms. It was the black rabbit! The rabbit was making a fuss about being held and carried. Lan Zhan stopped next to the boy. "Stop fussing." The rabbit immediately quit. Wei Ying couldn't help but to chuckle a bit at the sight.

Wei Ying: "Say, Lan Zhan, let's go into town. I'll buy you a drink." He winked his left eye at him.

Lan Zhan: "Mn." He took the white rabbit from Wei Ying and placed both rabbits on the ground.

"Yay!" Wei Ying stated excitedly, hopping up and down. He grabbed Lan Zhan's wrist and nearly dragged him away into town.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------