An Unexpected Encounter

Wei Ying was having fun! He was happy! Running from stall to stall, he made Lan Zhan buy him everything he wanted! The jade carried many things in his arms since he didn't want his husband overexerting himself. "Ooh! Lan Zhan! Buy me this! It's very pretty!" Wei Ying was looking at a comb which shined in the sunlight. It was golden in color and decorated with many fine and rare gems. A phoenix was carved into it. "Can I have it? Please?" he begged. Lan Zhan was rich, but he wasn't that rich! The puppy-eyes expression won him over. Only, he couldn't buy it. It was too costly.

Lan Zhan: "Too expensive," he stated. Wei Ying's face fell. He looked as if he were about to cry. Lan Zhan immediately felt bad. He didn't wish to make a scene in public, so he asked, "How much?"

Stall Owner: "Five gold ingots worth." Hearing the price, Wei Ying felt shocked and stared at the owner in a daze. Wei Ying very much loved the comb, but it was too much. "I tell you what: since you seem to love it so much, why don't I give a discount on it? How does four silver ingots sound? I'll even throw in this hanfu which just arrived today?"

The hanfu was a beautiful shade of blue with a gold dragon erected on the back. Wei Ying looked at Lan Zhan hopefully. Lan Zhan sighed and paid the price. Wei Ying put on the robe and placed the comb in his hair. Lan Zhan and the stall owner were stunned - Lan Zhan more so.

The robe fit Wei Ying perfectly. Lan Zhan noticed the stall owner gapping at Wei Ying, and Lan Zhan's possessive nature kicked in. He grabbed his husband's waist, pulling him to himself. "Let's leave now," he said, dragging Wei Ying along to the inn.

Wei Ying: "Wait, Lan Zhan! You're hurting me!" Lan Zhan slowed down but didn't release him. "Lan Zhan! What's wrong with you?"

As soon as they were in their room at the inn, Lan Zhan shut the door, locking it and said to his husband, "Remove it."

Wei Ying raised an eyebrow in confusion. "You mean this robe? Why?" Lan Zhan's ears were fully tinged with a deep red. He looked away. "Oh?" Wei Ying knew right away what was happening. "Someone's jealous, because another man finds me stunning~" he teased the other.

Lan Zhan went to speak, but as soon as he opened his mouth, a flash of light filled the room and two people landed right on top of his husband! "Wei Ying!" He quickly removed the intruders from off of Wei Ying and made certain he wasn't hurt.

Wei Ying groaned. "Who the devil-?" When he saw who it was, he smiled brightly.

Lan Zhan was concerned about the child though. "Wei Ying." He touched the small lump on his husband's belly.

Wei Ying wanted to roll his eyes. "The baby's fine, Lan Zhan. You worry too much." He walked to the two standing in the corner arguing.

Jiang Cheng: "I can't believe you landed us right on top of my brother!"

Xichen: "I'm sorry, Wanyin. I wasn't meaning too."

Jiang Cheng: "Quit messing around and take us to Gusu!"

Xichen: "We are in Gusu. We just so happened to land in the same vicinity as the other two. You should know more than anyone how hard it can be to control a teleportation talisman!"

Jiang Cheng crossed his arms and glared. "You really are dumb, aren't you?"

Xichen: "You call me dumb? Don't you know you could've killed your new niece or nephew?"

At that, Jiang Cheng went silent with shock. He turned to Wei Ying who had a soupy grin on his face. "Wei Wuxian. Is it true?" Wei Ying shot a glare at Xichen. Jiang Cheng took it to mean it was definitely true. "How long?"

Wei Ying: "How long do you think, Jiang Cheng? My no good husband keeps impregnating me, I won't live much longer." He glared at Lan Zhan, who only looked away, his ears beat red. Of course, Lan Zhan was jealous even more so now than he was before.

Xichen noticed the gold phoenix comb in Wei Ying's hair. "This is a unique comb. Where did you buy it?"

Wei Ying turned back to Xichen, clearly distracted. "Lan Zhan bought it for me! You like it?" He smiled brightly.

Xichen: "Of course I like it! It's absolutely stunning on you! But I don't remember Lan Zhan ever carrying that kind of money on his person. By the looks of it, it runs for a good share of gold currency." He eyed his brother to see the other's reaction. Lan Zhan had his hands gripped tightly in a fist. His ears were still a deep red.

Wei Ying: "Oh, it wasn't all that much at all! The owner even threw in this beautiful blue robe for a bargain price!" He showed Xichen the back which had a golden dragon stitched into it.

Xichen studied the design for a few seconds before commenting. "It seems the owner has good taste in wares. The dragon is spun with gold threading and the dye is made from the rarest of plants. Either it was stolen, or he really did order something like this. What do you think, Wangji?"

Lan Zhan walked up behind Wei Ying, pulling him to himself possessively. "Mn. Wei Ying is beautiful." Wei Ying blushed a deep crimson over his cheeks.

Wei Ying: "Lan Zhan! Not in front of the others!" He was embarrassed. The answer Lan Zhan gave wasn't what Xichen was expecting, but the reaction his brother gave was what he'd been hoping for. Lan Zhan's hands were wrapped around Wei Ying's waist protectively. It seemed to Xichen, his brother still only saw Wei Ying in his eyes.

Good, Wangji. You protect him well. I have a feeling things are only going to grow dimmer from here on out. We need to keep that light shining brightly as we can to keep the coming darkness at bay. Take care of him, Wangji. We need him to stay alive.