Mystery

Qiren and Xichen sat in the Hanshi wondering just what in the world to do about the body they currently held. Qiren pet his beard while Xichen drank his tea. Both sat in silence. The body was currently stashed away in the back mountains as no one was allowed entrance there.

Xichen sighed, setting his teacup down. "I think I'll go visit Wei Gongzi. I wonder how he's doing?" Qiren's hand stopped midway on his beard. He eyed his nephew suspiciously, then huffed. He stood up, heading to the door. "You're really going, Uncle?"

Qiren: "If I didn't know better, that insistent smile of yours would have had me fooled long ago. Come."

Xichen's smile remained as he followed Qiren to the Jingshi, but his eyebrow twitched with annoyance. That crafty old fool, he cursed, I can't believe how well he can read me now.

The duo reached the Jingshi just as Lan Zhan was heading out to boil some water for Wei Ying's bath. The youngest Jade Lan stopped as he noticed them at the last second, nearly knocking them down. "Uncle. Brother. Please, excuse this one. Will return shortly." He bowed respectfully and hurried off as fast as his feet would carry him without running.

Xichen: "Is it just me, or does Wangji seem a bit more energetic than normal? He was even smiling."

Qiren pondered on that before replying. "He smiled? It may very well be he is much happier now, than he was in the past. However, I saw no smile cross his face."

Xichen chuckled a bit. "That's because you really don't know him as I do, Uncle. You have always only ever paid attention to the colder Wangji. He hasn't smiled like that since our mother died."

Qiren remained silent as he had no answer for that one. He only stood there, petting his beard.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was true that Lan Zhan was a much happier man. Truth be told, he would rather stay in this world with Wei Ying now than go back to his own world. Yet, he knew that it didn't work that way. On his way to fill a tub with hot water, he stumbled, feeling a shock of pain move through his skull. It didn't last long, but it left his ears ringing.

"Lan Zhan~" It was that beautiful voice again. Lan Zhan couldn't deal with it, so he picked the tub he'd dropped and continued walking to the kitchen. "Don't ignore me!" the voice whined. Lan Zhan kept his composure, but he swore a vein burst somewhere in his brain.

Wei Wuxian pouted, then smiled mischievously, running in front of Lan Zhan to make him look. Lan Zhan stopped moving. "Wei Ying."

Wei Wuxian crossed his arms and leaned in to study the male better. "You seem paler than before. It could just be me, but you seem to be sick."

Lan Zhan huffed and looked away. "Am fine."

Wei Wuxian smirked. "No, you aren't. You need to rest and quit trying so hard to care for me. It's starting to affect you." Lan Zhan grabbed for the tub, but Wei Wuxian was faster and held it away from him. "See? You're slower than before. You could always match me, so what's going on?"

Lan Zhan sighed. He was clearly losing his patience, but kept his composure. "Give tub. Now," he demanded.

Wei Wuxian shook his head. "No. I want to help you. Besides, I want to see my kid~" He smirked, raising and lowering his eyebrows.

Lan Zhan ignored him, walking passed him to the kitchen. Wei Wuxian pouted a bit but soon followed with the tub. The kitchen wasn't very large - just an average size meant for an individual. Lan Zhan pointed to the place where he wanted the tub. Wei Wuxian obliged, setting it on the table. He then sat on a stool on the opposite side of the table, facing Lan Zhan. The Lan had begun boiling water.

Wei Wuxian grew bored after only a few minutes of silence. He stared at Lan Zhan, who was currently reading a book, and an idea popped into his head. He grinned mischievously. "Wangji? Lan Wangji? Lan Er Gege? Lan Zhan!" Lan Zhan continued his reading. Wei Wuxian, having been ignored for so long, thought it would be funny to pull a prank. (Even when he's dead he likes to screw around). "Don't ignore me~" The jade didn't even spare him a glance. "Fine then!" he huffed. "Don't blame me for this," he spoke under his breath. "Lan Zhan, your forehead ribbon is cricked," he said aloud.

Lan Zhan immediately stopped what he was doing to feel whether or not it was truly cricked. As soon as he did, Wei Wuxian burst into laughter. The Lan glared at the cackling male. "D-don't look at me like that! I was growing bored, and you were ignoring me, so what else was I supposed to do?" Lan Zhan rolled his eyes, closed the book, setting it on the table, and went to check the water.

After the tub had been filled, with the two having arrived at the Jingshi, Wei Wuxian waved goodbye to Lan Zhan, hopping onto the roof and disappearing. When he entered with the tub, he was greeted by a very unhappy Wei Ying.

Lan Zhan: "Wei Ying, what happened?"

Wei Ying: "What took you so long? I tell you what: that blasted uncle and brother of yours - I swear! I'll kill them one of these days! How dare they just barge in here unannounced. Especially, with me changing!"

Lan Zhan sighed for the umpteenth time that day. "Wei Ying should not be out of bed. Should be resting."

Wei Ying glared. "Lan Zhan, I'm fine. It wasn't like I was hurt or anything. That damned old goat wanted me to take more medicine when I clearly had just taken it." Lan Zhan just sat the tub behind the divider screen. He wrapped his arms around the complaining Wei Ying's waist, hauling him to the bath. Wei Ying let him, as he was in a sour mood. He didn't even have time to react as he was mercilessly thrown into the hot water.

Water splashed everywhere. "Damn you, Lan Zhan!" he shouted after composing himself. "Why'd you have to make the water so hot? Also, how dare you throw me into the tub with my clothes still on!"

Lan Zhan ignored the male's complaint. "Bathe. Then eat."

Wei Ying sighed. "Fine," he surrendered, standing up to remove his now soaked robes. Lan Zhan nodded and headed once more for the kitchen. He would speak to his brother and uncle later. Right now, Wei Ying was all that mattered.

He returned to the Jingshi, and to a very wet Wei Ying. The smaller male hadn't even bothered drying himself, instead just throwing the under robes on and calling it a day. He seemed to notice the other's presence. "Oh, you're back."

Lan Zhan's ears turned a deep red as the other turned toward him. The light caught the robes in places where they stuck, showing the skin underneath along with the shape of his waist, butt and thighs. Lan Zhan had to compose himself. He set the tray on the table. What he really wanted to do, was to pounce at his husband like a hungry tiger and devour him. "Eat," he told his husband. Wei Ying sat down. He was so much closer now. Lan Zhan opened his book as always, but he was distracted.

Wei Ying's curly locks were still soaked, making his hair seem longer. The under robes he wore were soaked through, making his skin show whenever he moved. Lan Zhan watched all that while his husband ate. By the gods! Wei Ying was exceptionally beautiful that night. The moonlight pouring into the room didn't help the situation either.

Wei Ying: "Lan Zhan? Is something wrong?" The thin robe was loosened at the top just enough to reveal his chest. Lan Zhan stared in ecstasy at the pink nipples. "Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying blinked. Lan Zhan had a hold of his wrist. The boy hadn't even noticed.

There was a sudden cry from the other room. Lan Zhan sighed from disappointment, releasing his husband's wrist and reading his book again. Wei Ying was a bit confused. He went to check on Lan Xue. "Sorry, Lan Zhan," he said, entering the room. "Lan Xue is hungry." Lan Zhan nodded his understanding.

He thought to himself, that when he returns, his husband will definitely be his tonight. He smiled.