The 'Unknown' Merchant

Wei Wuxian and Lan Zhan traveled down the long dirt path which led deep into the forest. The male in black was looking all around, admiring the scenery. He smiled. "Hurry up, Lan Zhan~" he teased when he saw the other had fallen a bit behind. "We don't want to miss him~"

Lan Zhan: "Wei Ying, where are we going?"

Wei Wuxian shrugged. "No clue. All I know is as of this very moment, the merchant is on this road. Whether he appears or not is up to him, and our timing - which we don't have much of left." He gripped Lan Zhan's wrist, once again pulling him with himself at a running pace. Lan Zhan admired the flowing locks with the red ribbon as they bounced gracefully. He admired the way the other ran - bouncing with every step almost like a rabbit. He was so busy staring at Wei Wuxian, daydreaming, he didn't notice when the other had stopped. "Here we are-ah!" Lan Zhan had rammed into him, causing him to fall. He hit the ground with a 'thud!' "Ow! Lan Zhan! Watch where you're going! Didn't you see I had stopped?"

Lan Zhan bent down, offering a hand to help him up. "Sorry." It was all he could say. Wei Wuxian brushed the dirt from his robes.

Wei Wuxian: "It's fine. Only don't be daydreaming next time." He smiled mischievously. "Or were you too busy staring at me?" He winked his left eye. Lan Zhan looked away. His ears had turned a dark shade of pink. Wei Wuxian laughed at the other's reaction. "Anyways, we're here." Lan Zhan looked around, searching for a sign of the merchant.

Lan Zhan: "Where?" Wei Wuxian pointed to everywhere around them.

Wei Wuxian: "He's here. You only need to be patient and wait for him. He's one to come and go as he pleases. No one says otherwise."

Lan Zhan was curious now. "How did Wei Ying meet this person?"

Wei Wuxian: "Huh? Oh, it was a long time ago, back when I was still alive. I met him going to do the array in your room. I was curious, so I stopped him, asking him all sorts of questions. Of course he never answered any of them, but I didn't mind. Nice old man he was. Too bad he was killed off by Wen Xu and his group of disciples while on their way here. Ah! There he is!" he said excitedly. Lan Zhan didn't see anyone. The road was completely baron. Just as he was growing impatient, an older man's deep voice could be heard in the distance singing an old tune. Lan Zhan began to worry, because of Wei Wuxian's presence there. He stared at the male in black. "Eh? Don't worry. He can't see me if I don't want him to. That wouldn't make much difference anyway. The gamemaster being present has no effects on the rules of the game. The rules remain the same regardless."

Lan Zhan couldn't comprehend any of it, so he only nodded as if he did. Wei Wuxian was giddy as he watched for the merchant to appear. The singing grew louder as the man approached. The sound of the cart's wheels on the dirt could be heard. The two waited on the side of the road. When the merchant drew near, he looked at the two males, then moved on as if he hadn't seen them, continuing to sing the same tune. Lan Zhan nearly lost his temper, until a very excitable Wei Wuxian spoke up.

Wei Wuxian: "Oi! Old man! Stop for a minute!" he hollered. Lan Zhan gripped the male's wrist and glared in warning.

Lan Zhan: "Wei Ying!" Wei Wuxian stared for a moment, then laughed. He completely ignored the Lan, running up to the elderly-looking man. The elder looked at the spritely youth nearing at a fast pace.

Elder: "Slow down, Child. What is it you need?" he inquired of Wei Wuxian who was currently catching his breath.

The boy smiled brightly. He pointed at Lan Zhan, saying, "My friend over there is in need of something you have." The merchant smiled back, looking over his shoulder at the boy in white. He took amusement in the fact the two were wearing contrasting colors.