Monster Part 2

At the Hanshi, the three - Lan Xichen, Lan Zhan, and Wei Ying - were sitting quietly. Lan Xue had fallen asleep, so Wei Ying had him on the bed, covered with a blanket. He still felt jittery from the event, and he shivered a bit thinking about it. Lan Zhan grabbed another blanket and wrapped his husband with it. Wei Ying looked at him surprised.

Lan Zhan: "Not good to be cold. Stay warm, or you will be sick." Xichen heard that. He was stunned. He'd never heard his brother use the word 'you' before. To be intimate in front of others was not Lan Zhan's forte - not normally, anyway.

Wei Ying: "Thank you, Lan Zhan." He smiled. Xichen nearly had a heart attack when he saw his brother smile back. Even during the wedding, he never saw Lan Zhan smile.

Lan Xue suddenly cried out, screaming in his sleep. Wei Ying rushed to him, holding him in his arms to comfort him. "Lan Zhan!" he cried out. It was there again. The monster. Only this time, its eyes were glowing red.

Monster: "Give me the child," it demanded. "That child belongs to me." Everyone in the room was speechless. How was this creature, or whatever it was, able to use human speech?

Wei Ying: "Who are you?" he demanded. The monster eyed the beautiful male.

Monster: "You are indeed beautiful. I almost mistakened you for a woman. How is it you gave birth to such a child?" It circled around Wei Ying, studying him. "I would take you with me and make you my bride. You could bear my children for me."

Wei Ying: "No," he refused. "I am happily married to another. Also, I am not a breeding machine."

The monster looked to Lan Zhan. "You mean the man who is as beautiful as a god? Hahaha hahaha!" it laughed uncontrollably. "You mean to tell me, this man is your husband?!" It quit laughing. Its eyes narrowed, and its voice deepened. "Then I shall have to remedy the situation." Wei Ying knew exactly what it was saying.

Wei Ying: "Lan Zhan! Run away!" Lan Zhan didn't listen. Instead, he drew Bichen, ready to defend himself. Xichen also had his sword, Shuoyue, at the ready.

Monster: "You think you can stop me with those knives you wield? You must be dumber than I thought. There is nothing in this world which can touch me! No sword can penetrate me! So give up already. Surrender to my great power, and I might release you."

No one moved. Lan Zhan felt powerless - something which never happened but one other time, and that was when he saw Wei Ying fall to his death. Xichen kept on smiling, but deep inside he was a nervous wreck. Wei Ying tried quieting Lan Xue down as he also tried easing his own anxiety. No one spoke a word. No one even dared to blink, swallow, or breathe.

The monster laughed. "Good! Now, I shall be taking these two with me!" It wrapped itself around Wei Ying and Lan Xue. However, instead of vanishing with them like it wanted to, it was frozen in place.

Wei Ying: "I see. So it's you."

The monster's eyes widened with fear. "What? But how? Why are you here?!"

Lan Xichen and Lan Zhan were wondering the same. They soon had their answer. Wei Ying lifted his gaze to meet the monster's. His eyes glowed red. Dark energy rose around him, filling the entire room with black smoke.

Monster: "Stay away from me! Stay away, Hei'an Tianshi!"

A clatter was heard as Lan Zhan's sword fell from his hand and hit the floor. The name made him freeze, yet he did not know why it frightened him so much. Xichen watched his brother's hand visibly shake. The name called had surprised Xichen as well. Why would the monster call Wei Ying by such a name? "Wangji..." His attention was turned back to the trio before him as he heard Wei Ying laugh deep and menacingly.

Wei Ying: "I don't know who that is, but what I do know is this: you nearly hurt my family, so now you will have to die!"

Most of the dark energy gathered around Wei Ying. Lan Zhan and Xichen were surrounded by it still. It did not seem threatening as it circled around them. Lan Zhan reached out to touch it. It caressed his hand. At that moment, he knew it was harmless to them. Wei Ying was protecting them, but how was he controlling such a powerful energy without it harming him? Both Lans were confused by this. The energy continued to gather around Wei Ying until he was invisible to them.

With a wave of his hand, the energy sent itself forward, wrapping around the monster. It suffocated the creature. "What? No! I can't die! Not now! Not after I've just been resurrected!" The suffocation stopped for a moment.

Wei Ying smirked. "Who sent you?" he demanded.

The monster laughed. "Like I'll tell you! You are one hundred years too early for that!"

Wei Ying: "Wrong answer." He closed his fist and a cracking sound could be heard. The monster fell to the floor, dead. Its green eyes staring in fear at nothing. Since it was dead, the body was visible. It looked just like a serpent with a human's face.

The black smoke and dark energy disappeared all at once. Lan Zhan ran to and caught Wei Ying just as he passed out. Lan Xue was no longer crying. Instead, he slept peacefully in his parent's arms. Wei Ying had blood running from his nose, which Lan Zhan quickly wiped with his sleeve.

Xichen stood there dumbfounded. He would have disciples carry the body back to the Lanshi later. "Wangji, go back to your room now. I will investigate this matter with Uncle tomorrow." Lan Zhan nodded his agreement, lifting his husband and son, carrying them bridle style. Xichen sighed once they left. He looked at the body. It really was a strange thing seeing a naga for the first time in his life. "Now, what to do with you," he pondered aloud to himself.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Lan Zhan had carried Wei Ying all the way to the Jingshi, trying not to drop him or their son. Especially since Wei Ying was curled into a ball with a tight grip on Lan Xue. The male was very pale. Lan Zhan gently laid his husband on the bed, not even bothering to try loosening the death grip on their son. Instead, he changed into his night robes and laid down beside them, holding both of them close. He fell asleep.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. Nagas exist in Chinese mythology. I looked it up. Though I really had no clue as to what the creature was and thought I'd only made it up.😂

Anyway, thank you so much for reading this story as it is my first fan fiction ever. Having nearly 3.8k views is the best present ever. I appreciate all my readers' support in this. So...

Thank you!❤