Enter the Villian

A bang on a chair arm indicating someone was enraged. The person stood from his throne. "Someone, tell me," he demanded in a soft tone. "Why didn't any of you get what I wanted?!" He slammed the table beside his throne so hard, it shattered into dust. He pointed a finger at his servants. "Bring him to me this instant, or I swear by the gods you won't live to see me again!" He dismissed them with a wave of his hand.

One servant remained. He cautiously approached the Lord. "My Lord," he began slowly, thinking about what to say before continuing. The Lord gave no signs of answering nor rejecting him, so he continued. "My Lord, since it means such a great deal to you to have that one person, why don't we go with a different approach? It seems kidnapping him won't work since he is married to that certain cultivator."

The movement was slight, but the response the Lord gave showed he was listening. The servant continued. "I would suggest a more 'rational' approach."

Lord: "And what is it you would suggest I do, exactly?"

Servant: "My Lord, hold a conference here within the next month. Surely they will come, and then you can capture him as you see fit."

The Lord thought for a moment. He didn't turn to the servant. He stood in his place, pondering, and said, "Good, good, good. This is good. Go. Set up the conference as we agreed."

The servant bowed. "Very well. As you wish, my Lord." He left the hall with a wicked grin on his face. Soon, Angel, you will be mine!

-------------------------------------------------------------

A month passed by rather quickly. Wei Ying was pouting about having to leave his comfort zone to go to some petty conference in some sect he didn't even know existed.

Lan Zhan sighed. "Wei Ying."

Wei Ying: "I know, Lan Zhan! But what about Lan Xue? We can't very well take him with us!" The sleepless nights were getting to him, and he shouted out in frustration. Lan Zhan sighed again. He walked silently up to his husband's back. Wei Ying was growing thinner as the months wore on. Lan Zhan has no clue as to why either. All he knew was his Wei Ying needed rest badly. So, he touched an acupuncture point on the other's back, paralyzing him. "Lan Zhan!" Wei Ying exclaimed as he felt his body freeze and he fell backwards into his husband's strong arms. They weren't to depart for a few more days, but that didn't mean Wei Ying had to rush everything. Lan Zhan had already had it taken care of.

Lan Zhan: "Wei Ying. Sleep."

Wei Ying felt his eyes grow heavier, and his body relax more. "Lan Zhan," he spoke through a yawn, "you really are...something else..." His eyes closed, falling into a deep sleep. Lan Zhan laid him on the bed. Lan Xue crawled up to his father and hugged his leg. Lan Zhan looked down at his son and smiled. He picked Lan Xue up, holding his son gently in his arms.

Lan Zhan: "Let us go. Your mother needs rest." The baby cooed at him, causing the smile on his face to grow wider. He kissed his son's forehead and laid him in the cradle. Then he laid down next to his husband, holding him close.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The conference really wasn't a large one. However, many cultivation sects, including all the five major ones, showed anyway, making it seem as though the tiny sect hosting it were some grand and rich cultivation world of their own. Yet one question was on the minds of every sect clan leader: who was this clan, and why hadn't they heard of them before?

The hall was quite grand, to say the least, and the feast was no less than that. How did a clan such as this one become so rich and still remain unnoticed by the world? Simply put: they were a mining clan. The clan owned many mines filled with jewels, gold and other precious metals. They sold them at rather low prices, but they were so abundant with them that one chip of a diamond would cost any smith or jeweler around fifty nuggets of gold. Thus, they became rich for the value was high with the metals and gems. They also did not exploit the products as soon as they found them. Rather, they sold some here and there when it was needed, never waisting the resources before them, and often would make their own jewelry and what not from some of it, selling those as well. Since the clan was tucked well away inside the mountains, no one knew of their existence until that day.

Wei Ying didn't like being there. Something had felt off about it since they had received the invitation. Lan Zhan felt it as well, only he didn't show that he knew, so his husband felt as though he were the only one. However, Zewu-Jun and the other leaders also felt something was off. They were suspicious, and they had a right to be.

Deep inside one of the mines, the Lord of the clan stood before a giant statue. It was made from onyx - a rare, yet valuable gem to them. The statue was shaped like an angel, yet it emitted a dark energy, much like the yin iron, only stronger. The Lord was praying to it one day when he was struck by a vision of a beautiful man clad in black and red and seemingly more beautiful than any woman any man would have ever seen. He knew, right then and there, he needed to find that very man and make him his own. He needed to find him and use him as a sacrifice for the statue to take on a living form. At least, that's what he had thought. He thought it would be easy to kidnap the boy as well. That was only the beginning of his hardships. Many more would come his way as he would try to capture that godly male. Since the boy was married to that annoying cultivator from the Lan clan, he would have an even tougher time trying to lure the boy away to capture him within the mine.

The smirk which crossed his face as he thought of something ingenious would cause shivers to run down anyone's spine. That boy would be his, and his only. No one, not even the Lan, deserved him by all rights, but it wasn't going to stop the Lord from trying. If in the end he couldn't have him, then he would kill him off, because if he couldn't have him, then no one could have him.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry it took so long for this one😫😭 I had so much trouble coming up with a plot for the villain.

Thank you to all my peeps who follow me, have my book on their reading list and/or in their library, and just plain read my book and/or vote on it! Love you all!❤❤❤

Also, thank you for 6.58k reads and 384 votes! ❤❤❤❤

I appreciate you guys very much ❤☺😊😁