Pain and Pleasure

Xichen: "Wangji. You need to take this now," he spoke gently, referring to the antidote. Lan Zhan still hadn't released Wei Ying from his iron grip, though he had stopped crying long ago.

Wei Ying sighed. "It's okay, Xichen. He fell asleep." Wei Ying was feeling a lot better. However, Lan Zhan felt as if it was his fault for Wei Ying being hurt as he was.

Xichen: "But, aren't you uncomfortable, Wei Gongzi?" Wei Ying chuckled.

Wei Ying: "It's okay. I'm used to it. By the way, you can just hand it to me, and I will feed it to him."

Xichen looked at the boy with concern. "Are you certain? I can always do it when he wakes up again." Xichen tried to bargain with him.

Wei Ying nodded as best he could. "It'll be fine. Besides, it's better if I do it. That way he doesn't go stir-crazy when he does wake up." Xichen knew his brother-in-law was right. With some reluctance, he handed the vile to Wei Ying.

Wei Ying: "Lan Zhan," he called quietly to the other. "Lan Zhan, wake up. You have to take your medicine now." He rubbed his thumb over his husband's cheek. Lan Zhan's eyes fluttered open.

Lan Zhan: "Wei Ying..." His eyes filled with tears again.

Wei Ying: "Yes, Lan Zhan. I'm here. No more tears now, okay? Here. You need to take this. It'll help you feel better." Lan Zhan took it without any hesitation. "That's better. Now, no more crying."

Lan Zhan: "Wei Ying almost died..." He didn't need to say anymore. Wei Ying knew what he meant.

Wei Ying: "You fuddy-duddy. I won't ever die on you." He chuckled and kissed his husband.

Xichen cleared his throat. "I will leave you two alone for a while. You need to rest and I have duties to complete. Just one thing: don't move around too much. I don't want one of you dying for real."

Lan Zhan and Wei Ying only stared at each other. Wei Ying shrugged. "Could you loosen up a bit, Lan Zhan. It's a bit uncomfortable in this position." Lan Zhan finally realized he'd been holding his husband tightly for about an hour or so. He released him with a "Sorry," and looked away embarrassed, his ears having turned pink. "It's alright," Wei Ying said, adjusting himself on Lan Zhan's lap. "You silly goose. There's no need for sorry or thank you between us. Remember?" He pulled his husband's face so he could look at him. He kissed Lan Zhan deeply. "I'm just overjoyed you're alive!" he exclaimed, hugging the other around the neck.

Lan Zhan hugged him back tightly. Both started crying with happiness. Qiru went back to the Jingshi that afternoon only to find the couple asleep, holding each other close.

Qiru: "Well now. This is much better. Unfortunately for you sleeping love birds, I still need to change Lan Zhan's bandages."

The couple awoke to a smiling Qiru. "Good morning," said Wei Ying sleepily, rubbing his eyes.

Qiru chuckled. "Morning? It's afternoon already, Gongzi."

Wei Ying came to the realization they had missed their trip! "Oh no, Lan Zhan! We were supposed to leave today for a hot springs in the mountains! What are we gonna do now, because we already booked the inn and everything?!"

Qiru smacked the back of Wei Ying's head. "That's enough! Calm down now, Gongzi. No one is going anywhere, I'm afraid. You will just need to wait two more weeks before you can go."

Wei Ying: "Two weeks?! I'm going to be so bored during all that time!" he whined.

Lan Zhan spanked his husband's rear. Wei Ying glared at him. "Wei Ying. Listen," Lan Zhan commanded him.

Wei Ying eventually gave in. "Alright, fuddy-duddy. You win." Qiru had to laugh at that, but he didn't. "Don't ever spank me again. I don't like it." Lan Zhan did it again anyway. "Hey! Come on! I said don't do that!"