Recovery

Lan Zhan stared at Wei Ying, then proceeded to clean the mess up and to reorganize everything. Wei Ying went silent watching the Lan do so. By the time Lan Zhan finished, Wei Ying had fallen asleep again. He laid the boy down gently. Wei Ying woke right up. "Ah! Did I fall asleep again?" He sat bolt upright. "I'm sorry, Lan Zhan. I keep causing you trouble."

Lan Zhan felt sorry for the boy. "Wei Ying does not cause trouble." This simple statement made the boy blush a bit and smile.

Wei Ying: "Ah, Lan Zhan! You're so nice to me. How could I not be causing you trouble?" He laughed nervously.

Lan Zhan watched him with a gentle gaze. He then pulled Wei Ying into a tight embrace. "Wei Ying does not make trouble. Wei Ying is a good person."

Wei Ying felt tears sting his eyes as he allowed the Lan to embrace him. After some time, he gently pushed Lan Zhan away. He turned and hid his face in his arms with his knees to his chest. "That's not what your uncle thinks..." he spoke after a while. "He hates me..." Wei Ying shivered a bit. He looked up at Lan Zhan. "Lan Zhan, I'm a bit cold." Lan Zhan went to another room and came back with another blanket, which he immediately wrapped around the boy.

Lan Zhan: "Wei Ying is still unwell. Rest."

Wei Ying obliged and laid down. "Lan Zhan, will you stay for a while?"

Lan Zhan sat next to him. "Mn. Brother will not be returning until evening. Sleep."

Wei Ying rolled his eyes. "I feel like if I sleep anymore, I'll sleep to my death," he spoke sarcastically. In the end, he fell asleep anyway with Lan Zhan sitting beside him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xichen returned that afternoon - sooner than Lan Zhan wanted. He figured it would be alright since the boy was still sleeping, so he left to meet his brother.

A couple of hours later, Wei Ying woke up. At first, everything was a blur to his mind. He soon recognized where he was. He looked around the room, and when he didn't see Lan Zhan anywhere, he panicked. He hopped out of bed, but in his tired state, he tripped and fell, hitting the floor. He stood up again and stumbled to the door. When he opened it, Lan Zhan was standing there. The taller male was surprised at first to see the boy out of bed, but then he glared at him a bit.

Wei Ying: "L-Lan Z-Zhan! What a surprise! I woke up and you weren't here, so I panicked," he spoke hesitantly. He smiled widely at the Lan boy.

Lan Zhan: "Bed. Now." He grabbed Wei Ying's waist and dragged him back to the bed, practically throwing him onto it.

Wei Ying: "Wait! Lan Zhan! I feel a lot better! Please, let me go outside for a while? I'm bored of being in bed all day!" he whined. Lan Zhan didn't heed to him, so he pouted, crossing his arms and legs and looking away. Lan Zhan sat next to him. He pulled the boy forward so their foreheads were touching. It was the third time he'd done that. Wei Ying thought he'd be used to it by now, but the sudden motion still surprised him. He was too close to the Lan's face, but found he couldn't look away. Having his eyes closed, he looked like a carved statue of a god. The boy's face flushed red. He broke the contact and turned away.

Lan Zhan: "Wei Ying, what's wrong?"

Wei Ying: "Nothing!" he said a bit too quickly.

Lan Zhan: "Mn." He turned the boy's face around. "Fever's gone. Wei Ying's face is still flushed."

Wei Ying: "Th-that d-doesn't m-matter!" he stuttered. Lan Zhan! Oh, Lan Zhan! Why do you have to do that to me? He managed to compose himself enough to look at the Lan and ask, "B-by the way, where did you go?"